Old 08-14-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
roguexuk
Enthusiast
roguexuk began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, Kobo Aura (Original), Touch, Libra H20, Aura ONE & Clara HD
Unhappy ADE Error: e_adept_document_type_unknown

Hello all,

I wonder if any one has had this error?

It just happened with me - I was halfway through downloading my books from Kobo, and opening them in Digital Editions, and then this error popped up. Rats... I did have a screen shot of it & lost it.

I've uninstalled ADE & re-installed it, I've tried it in edition 2.0, 3.0, and 4.5 - still the same error. I've even deleted the Adept file from the registry and re-registered it - but still the error pops up :-(
I even tried it on different computers, but I guess because it's all linked to the same account, I still get the error.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks
roguexuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It says clearly that the document type is unknown. It probably encountered a non-epub or non-PDF in your list of downloads. The extension being different may be enough.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is some discussion in the Kobo forum of issues with downloading some books via ADE. It is a problem Kobo is looking at. If your report the problem to Kobo, they can fix the books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #4
roguexuk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It says clearly that the document type is unknown. It probably encountered a non-epub or non-PDF in your list of downloads. The extension being different may be enough.
Hmm, thanks DeleDe, I did think that at first, or that maybe they'd started using a newer epub format that ADE 2 could read.

So, I temporarily installed the latest version of ADE, but it still came up with the same error.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:42 AM   #5
roguexuk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is some discussion in the Kobo forum of issues with downloading some books via ADE. It is a problem Kobo is looking at. If your report the problem to Kobo, they can fix the books.
Ooh, thanks. To be honest, I hadn't asked Kobo about it, figuring they'd say that it was Adobe's problem

I'll look into it, thanks.
If they give me a solution, I'll stick it on here
Advert