Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
ormus23
ormus23 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Any RemoteInk users able to assist?

I have a PocketBook InkPad 3, which I'm hoping will be compatible with RemoteInk. Planning to run it off a Raspberry Pi 2.

I've downloaded the .zip from Github, however reading the installation instructions I'm already starting to get confused.

https://github.com/borzunov/remoteink

I have a little experience of using CLI, but if things get any more complicated than following a list of instructions, I start to despair.

What for example am i supposed to do about this?:

"Update: Since the version of Pocketbook Pro SDK by Sergei Vlasov is not available for download anymore, you may want to use the official Pocketbook Pro SDK. @calcreg has posted instructions on how to run the client inside an emulator from this version of the SDK on a Linux desktop."

Presumably I need both server and client installed for it to work?

If anyone can lend a helping hand, I'd be most grateful.
ormus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
There is a link for downloading a pre-built version of the client remoteink.app application on the web page. Try that before building your own from the source code.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #3
ormus23

Ok, I get it now, thanks.

I've done everything up to where it says "Compiling the client from sources (optional)", and it all appeared to work.

I want to connect the readre via USB, but the instructions given don't work with the InkPad 3:

"On the reader open menu Settings -> Connectivity -> USB Mode and select Network over USB."

as I don't have a 'Connectivity' option in my Settings menu.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
ormus23

Anybody??
Old 12-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Support for Network over USB appeared a few years ago and then disappeared soon after. Most PocketBook devices don't support it. The easy solution is to use Network over WiFi.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:06 AM   #6
ormus23

I see. I'm electrosensitive, so won't be doing that. So, which model/s should I have bought?
Old 12-13-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
rkomar
Wizard

It was a while ago that Networking over USB was offered, so I'm not sure if devices with that firmware version are even still for sale.

There is a recent thread in the Developer's forum about rooting recent devices and installing enhancements (including usbnet). I think your best hope is to try that out. Perhaps you can ask the author of the root kit if it would meet your needs.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
ormus23

I hadn't actually noticed the Developers' forum til you mentioned it.

Looks like an awful faff, but I suppose I'll have to give it a go.

Thank you.