Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 04:59 AM   #1921
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
While testing some changes, I've found a bunch of supported sites have disappeared.
Just as an FYI, many - if not all - stories that were on www.hpfandom.net have been imported into AO3. They still show their original authors, but also searchable by 'archived by HPFandom_archivist'
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #1922
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Just as an FYI, many - if not all - stories that were on www.hpfandom.net have been imported into AO3. They still show their original authors, but also searchable by 'archived by HPFandom_archivist'
I'll make note of that when I announce it. Thanks.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #1923
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New alpha test version.

2017-03-30
- Add *_filelist INI feature.
- (internal change) Remove self.decode to defaults.ini.
- (internal change) Refactor to move fetches to Configuration class plus test version bump.
- Can't skip numChapters - adapter_trekfanfictionnet
- Remove defunct sites portkey.org and psychfic.com from defaults.ini
- Update translations.
- Bump test version.

This version does some significant refactoring, touched 100+ files and changed the way site encoding is handled. It's worked in my testing, but it is a bit more 'test' than usual. Which is why I'm attaching it here for bleeding-edge testers first rather than in the usual test post.

The big change is adding *_filelist to INI. This was requested by davidfor for output_css, but I've generalized.
  1. Instead of using output_css in personal.ini, you can put your CSS in a file and use output_css_filelist to pull it in automatically. But it will work for other settings as well.
  2. setting_name_filelist is a comma separated list of URLs. This includes http, https and file URLs. The contents of all URLs will be concatenated and used as one blob of text.
  3. If you use setting_name_filelist, setting_name values will be ignored; even if they appear in a more specific [section]. If you choose to use _filelist settings, you'll have to be a bit more careful than usual.
  4. add_to_setting_name_filelist works--you can add additional, more specific files to the filelist.
  5. While setting_name is ignored in favor of setting_name_filelist, add_to_setting_name is still applied, letting you still add text directly in personal.ini.
  6. When moving output_css from personal.in to a file or URL, be aware that percent(%) substitutions done by the INI parser are not done to content loaded via _filelist.
    Code:
    background_color: ffffff

output_css:
     body { background-color: #%(background_color)s; }
    Needs to instead be:
    Code:
    body { background-color: #ffffff; }
  7. Similarly, where percentages in INI need to be escaped with %%, they should not be in _filelist files:
    Code:
     .full     {width: 100%%; }
    -- vs --
     .full     {width: 100%; }
  8. The plugin performs some syntax and safety checks on replace_metadata, custom_columns_settings and generate_cover_settings. These checks are not performed on _filelist loaded settings.
  9. The INI parser used on defaults.ini and personal.ini tends to remove leading and trailing whitespaces. Settings loaded using _filelist are not subject to that. I don't believe it will cause problems, but it's possible regexps may be effected.
Here's a short example using output_css:
Code:
[epub]
output_css_filelist:https://www.somesite.com/epub.css
# - or - 
output_css_filelist:file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FanFicFare/epub.css

add_to_output_css:
 .ADDED_epub { border: 1px solid black; padding: 2px; }

[defaults]
add_to_output_css:
 .ADDED_default { border: 1px solid black; padding: 2px; }

[test1.com]
add_to_output_css_filelist:,https://www.somesite.com/epub2.css

add_to_output_css:
 .ADDED_test1 { border: 1px solid black; padding: 2px; }
The final resulting CSS is:
Code:
#WEB1 { display: none; }
#WEB2 { display: none; }
.ADDED_default { border: 1px solid black; padding: 2px; }
.ADDED_test1 { border: 1px solid black; padding: 2px; }
.ADDED_epub { border: 1px solid black; padding: 2px; }

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-05-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #1924
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

I hope that the current output_css will still work? At first blush, this all seems really over my head, and I finally have it as I like it.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #1925
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I hope that the current output_css will still work? At first blush, this all seems really over my head, and I finally have it as I like it.
Yes.

Assuming, that is, I didn't break anything in the process. Thus, a second level of testing this time.
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #1926
MerlinMama
Evangelist

LOL, I'm not quite brave enough to try testing it. I think I'll wait and see
Old 03-31-2017, 03:39 AM   #1927
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Is there anyway I can copy specific information from my metadata column to a different column in the same library in S&R?

I would like to either copy the authorhtml into my author_url column or just have the authorhtml be placed in the column via my personal.ini.

I tried the following but it doesn't work.

Code:
 authorhtml=>#author_url
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:48 AM   #1928
MerlinMama
Evangelist

http: //www.ncisfiction.net changed to https://www.ncisfiction.com

Story IDs have also been changed at some point. I have to search the site for the old stories and copy in the new ones. Also, site is sometimes hard to reach. (worked this morning, but when went back to test something site couldn't be reached).

Example: http://www.ncisfiction.net/chapters.php?stid=00012 changed to https://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstor...d=44&chapter=1
Old 03-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #1929
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there anyway I can copy specific information from my metadata column to a different column in the same library in S&R?
Yes, you can. That should be well documented. The first Google link is to here.

Quote:
I would like to either copy the authorhtml into my author_url column or just have the authorhtml be placed in the column via my personal.ini.

I tried the following but it doesn't work.

Code:
 authorhtml=>#author_url
Letter case matters:

Code:
custom_columns_settings:
 authorHTML=>#author_url
Old 03-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #1930
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
http: //www.ncisfiction.net changed to https://www.ncisfiction.com

Story IDs have also been changed at some point. I have to search the site for the old stories and copy in the new ones. Also, site is sometimes hard to reach. (worked this morning, but when went back to test something site couldn't be reached).

Example: http://www.ncisfiction.net/chapters.php?stid=00012 changed to https://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstor...d=44&chapter=1
Thanks for the heads up.

Can you tell if they kept the same story UIDs (sid=44, etc) from the old site?

If they did, then it's worth accepting both the old and new URLs. If they aren't using the same story ID numbers (and they are requiring everybody to create new logins) we'd have to treat this more like a new site.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #1931
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Is it possible to fill a custom column with more than one metadata?
for example: http://archiveofourown.org/works/10508238
I created a custom column (like tags „comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser).
I´d like to put “rating” and “category” (and maybe a third one) in my custom column.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #1932
MerlinMama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Can you tell if they kept the same story UIDs (sid=44, etc) from the old site?

If they did, then it's worth accepting both the old and new URLs. If they aren't using the same story ID numbers (and they are requiring everybody to create new logins) we'd have to treat this more like a new site.
Honestly? I went through the dozen stories I had from ncisfiction, and just about half (7) had changed story IDs, the others had the same story IDs on the changed site address. The ones where there was a change, the author IDs also changed.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #1933
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Thanks for the Author URL/HTML help.

Is there an option for that for the stories HTML as well?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #1934
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Thanks for the Author URL/HTML help.

Is there an option for that for the stories HTML as well?
To put the story HTML into a column? No.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #1935
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

(multi-reply)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
Is it possible to fill a custom column with more than one metadata?
for example: http://archiveofourown.org/works/10508238
I created a custom column (like tags „comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser).
I´d like to put “rating” and “category” (and maybe a third one) in my custom column.
Yes. What you do is create an extra custom metadata field then fill with both(or more) and use that to populate the column.

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,yourfield
include_in_yourfield:rating,category
custom_columns_settings:
 yourfield=>#yourcolumn
Quote:
Honestly? I went through the dozen stories I had from ncisfiction, and just about half (7) had changed story IDs, the others had the same story IDs on the changed site address. The ones where there was a change, the author IDs also changed.
Okay, thanks. I'll be treating it more as a new site then. Unfortunately, that means you won't be able to just update pre-existing ncisfiction.net stories.

But if you download by URL, FFF will notice if you have a pre-existing book with the same title/author. (If you have the option turned on.)

Tags
fanfiction