Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #31
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
The 'killer feature' for me is the ability to read in (landscape of course) two-page view - although I'd fall off of my chair if Onxy's (supposedly at least) soon-to-arrive new software doesn't include this feature....
I wish to point to how these expectations about new products clash with the fact that the "double page mode" in Librera was implemented just hours after my feature request to Ivan.
Which should wake up some concerned ones about the benefit of having distributed assets...
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #32
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have Librera on my Note. The "e-paper version" is one of the settings in Pro! It's not a separate version/app. So, get Pro, and you're good!

I've used Librera for ePub, azw, and pdf, and I'm impressed so far.
Just bought the 'pro' version - very reasonably priced and seems very good for PDF reading too. Is it possible to read PDF in two-page view?

John B.

p.s Love the super-fast zoom and ability to configure the double-tap to reset the zoom to normal!
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #33
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is it possible to read PDF in two-page view?
When that in my video could be suspected to be EPUB, John, we will hardly need PDF outside printing ; )
Old 05-29-2018, 06:04 PM   #34
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Just bought the 'pro' version - very reasonably priced and seems very good for PDF reading too. Is it possible to read PDF in two-page view?

John B.

p.s Love the super-fast zoom and ability to configure the double-tap to reset the zoom to normal!
Yes, Librera will do two-page mode for a PDF. I just did it on my Note. Open a PDF, and be sure you have it in "book mode". Tap the center so that the bars will appear at the top and the bottom. Look for the icon on the bottom right that has a 1 inside a book. Tap it. You should get a list of options, including two-page mode.

Now, I don't think that Librera can do landscape mode, which would be ideal for two-page mode reading. (Someone correct me if I missed something!) However, if you install the Rotation Control app (no root needed), you can make your Max 2 do landscape mode for Librera's sake!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:16 AM   #35
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I've tested the last beta version :
Quote:
../OnyxMax2/Appli/Librera$ adb install Librera\ Beta-7.9.23-c587-arm+arm64.apk
For PDF and EPUB, the links doesn't work for me

For EPUB, the margins are limited to 30, very small for the Max2.

I like the new panel for the crop function. The default values are present and you can change each value too, after you can see the result without leaving the panel setting.

Must have to test the release version (7.8.64) or PRO version ?

What the interest of the 'PRO' version ?

Links :
https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraReader
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4nhbem9fc...Ra/7.8.64?dl=0
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:01 AM   #36
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I have Librera on my Note. The "e-paper version" is one of the settings in Pro! It's not a separate version/app. So, get Pro, and you're good!
Could anyone kindly point out to where the e-paper setting is in the Pro version? I have just purchased the pro version from the Play Store, but cannot find the e-paper setting.

Many thanks!
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #37
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Now, I don't think that Librera can do landscape mode, which would be ideal for two-page mode reading. (Someone correct me if I missed something!)
Absolutely, it does! It's in the preferences (the usual "auto, portrait, inv. portr., landsc., inv. landsc.").
The expected configuration that Max2 users will want to set is "landscape, book mode, two pages".
Old 05-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #38
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Absolutely, it does! It's in the preferences (the usual "auto, portrait, inv. portr., landsc., inv. landsc.").
The expected configuration that Max2 users will want to set is "landscape, book mode, two pages".
And there it is, hiding in plain sight! Thanks. I see it at last!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #39
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Do anyone know if it's possible to share text AND images from librera?

I tried it selecting images with text to save it and export to a notetaking app, but I just can't see how, only the text is shared and some images and graphs are much more important than the text.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #40
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Do anyone know if it's possible to share text AND images
You can share selected text or all bookmarks from the book. Single image not possible but you can share single book page like image.

Please create issue on GitHub maybe someone fix.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote