Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
01Tangled
01Tangled began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook update affecting Calibre side-loaded books

The Nook app on my Samsung tablet recently updated, and now I'm having trouble with many of the books I've loaded using Calibre.

Problem #1--
I've been using the Calibre Plugin "Generate Cover" as my Calibre books are all fanfiction, so having a uniform cover for everything looks nice (was also helping have titles/author names when Nook didn't allow sorting by author name). Now, the covers are appearing in the app's library list-- they're just blank, gray rectangles.

When I first started using the plugin, I found that if I removed the book from my tablet, "redid" the cover, and loaded it again, it corrected itself. I tried that just now, and nada.

Problem #2--
Many of the books I'm loading with Calibre have authors with only a single name (ex: Aurette, no "last" name). So now, when they're loaded onto my nook, they're listed as "null Aurette". This is definitely a minor thing, it just bothers me to see a giant list of "null this/that/or the other"

Does anyone have any suggestions?
01Tangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Report the bug to B&N or use a different reader app.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
01Tangled
01Tangled began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Problem #1 has been solved-- I needed to convert all the books having cover problems. They were all already in the epub format, but that was the "redo" I discovered last time-- I just didn't remember it.

Problem #2 still unsolved, but in the process of solving #1, I unfortunately discovered a Problem #3... I have a handful of books whose titles or author names contain apostrophes. Apparently there is some kind of glitch right now where those won't appear in my Nook library list, but Calibre is saying they've been loaded to the device. Removing the apostrophes, though it horrified the English teacher in me, fixed the problem to allow them to be loaded. Hope B&N fixes THAT soon!
01Tangled is offline   Reply With Quote