Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
Alucard1sama
Alucard1sama began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Stylus Compatibility with Onyx Boox Note

Hi!

I'm new here and with all the feedbacks I've decided on buying the Onyx Boox Note.
With the eraser on the end of the pen, I was planning on getting a different stylus (with buttons) to set them up as eraser and highlight functions.
My question is: Is it possible to do that? If the answer is yes, can you point one good enough?

Thx

Last edited by Alucard1sama; 09-04-2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Mispelled
Alucard1sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:30 AM   #2
CoryHamma
eBook Junkie
CoryHamma began at the beginning.

I have tried my Microsoft Surface 4 Pen with the Onyx Boox Note, and found that it did not work. So... don't waste your money on any of the styluses designed for the Microsoft Surface line of tablets.

I believe it is a Wacom digitizer, so most likely Wacom pens will be compatible.
CoryHamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
I just ordered a Boox Note 10.3.
I have a variety of stylus' from old Samsung Note 2 & 4 phones that I will test when it arrives.
I also ordered the Boox stylus, as well as a $30 Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K).
The Wacom offers nib replacements of different materials.
Will report back next week.
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #4
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Note 4 stylus works, it has a rubber tip and feels good on the Boox Note 10.3 screen, imo.

Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K) does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
I just ordered a Boox Note 10.3.
I have a variety of stylus' from old Samsung Note 2 & 4 phones that I will test when it arrives.
I also ordered the Boox stylus, as well as a $30 Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K).
The Wacom offers nib replacements of different materials.
Will report back next week.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:04 AM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
The stylus of the Wacom 'LCD SIGNATURE PAD STU-430' works on the Max2. There is no 'erase' button. I've tested it with the 'Note' application.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #6
Sitka
Sitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Boox Max 2
FYI, there is a thread about styli for the Boox Max as well; I suspect they might work similarly with the Note.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296365
Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:38 AM   #7
CoryHamma
eBook Junkie
CoryHamma began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
Note 4 stylus works, it has a rubber tip and feels good on the Boox Note 10.3 screen, imo.

Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K) does not work.
Keithwwalker, does the Note 4 stylus offer an erase feature?
CoryHamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
Alucard1sama

Smile Stylus and nibs

Hi!

After some time I decided to get the Remarkable Marker and Nibs and the Staedtler Noris Digital. Both of them works fine on the Note device, but the remarkable one has a better feel to it. The Staedtler seems to have a rubber feel, and the remarkable has a better graphite feel. Since they implemented the side button of the note stylus to work, I switched the nib for a remarkable one. It seems to be the sweet spot between eraser function and nib feel.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #9
keithwwalker

No it does not. It just has the side button, I don't know if you hold that down if it erases or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHamma View Post
Keithwwalker, does the Note 4 stylus offer an erase feature?
Old 10-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #10
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard1sama View Post
Hi!

After some time I decided to get the Remarkable Marker and Nibs and the Staedtler Noris Digital. Both of them works fine on the Note device, but the remarkable one has a better feel to it.
Hi, Alucard1sama!
Can you share, please, more impressions of your experience with Remarkable pen on Onyx Note versus its original pen? Is it more accurate or the only difference is the graphite feeling? I'm interested in minimizing deviation that distorts calligraphic writing.
Has anyone tried the Samsung Tab S3 pen with Onyx Note? Does the erase button work?
Thousands thanks.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:53 AM   #11
mhueser
mhueser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note, Kobo Aura H20
Hi!

The Wacom Pl900 also works fine and feels much better than the original pen.
mhueser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #12
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard1sama View Post
Hi!

After some time I decided to get the Remarkable Marker and Nibs and the Staedtler Noris Digital. Both of them works fine on the Note device, but the remarkable one has a better feel to it. The Staedtler seems to have a rubber feel, and the remarkable has a better graphite feel. Since they implemented the side button of the note stylus to work, I switched the nib for a remarkable one. It seems to be the sweet spot between eraser function and nib feel.

Thanks for all the help!
So you are saying that not only it is possible to change the nib of the default stylus, it is also compatible with the nib from remarkable? I wonder if general wacom nibs work too. It would be great to get something that feels less hard plastic-y.
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #13
Alucard1sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdiogo View Post
So you are saying that not only it is possible to change the nib of the default stylus, it is also compatible with the nib from remarkable? I wonder if general wacom nibs work too. It would be great to get something that feels less hard plastic-y.
Yes! I've been using it for almost 2 months now, and hasn't been a problem. I really enjoy the feeling of it. For the wacom nibs, I want to know if they work too. I'm not familiar with them though.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #14
Alucard1sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
Hi, Alucard1sama!
Can you share, please, more impressions of your experience with Remarkable pen on Onyx Note versus its original pen? Is it more accurate or the only difference is the graphite feeling? I'm interested in minimizing deviation that distorts calligraphic writing.
Has anyone tried the Samsung Tab S3 pen with Onyx Note? Does the erase button work?
Thousands thanks.
No problem! The remarkable marker is more confortable and has a better feel, because of the nib. The original one is hard, but the eraser buttons (side just work on the note app :/) save a lot a time! I didn't recognized any differences on the deviation. On the borders it is a little bit off for both (even tried to callibrate, but didn't helped). That's why I think the sweet spot is the remarkable nib and the original stylus.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
Alucard1sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhueser View Post
Hi!

The Wacom Pl900 also works fine and feels much better than the original pen.
Thanks! Does the buttons work as an eraser?