Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
javimixet
javimixet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard
Micro terminal text editor

Hi, just wanted to share this program that I fell in love with.
It works in Kterm (https://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-terminal/) in PW3 (with this build https://github.com/zyedidia/micro/re...nux-arm.tar.gz) and Termux in Android, though ctrl+lmb for multiple cursors seems that doesn't work in either of the two, only in desktop terminal.

https://micro-editor.github.io/
javimixet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Works in PW1 too!
Strange that the same executable works in both kindle and android, even when they have different architectures: armel and armhf...
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
So it does not make any floating point calls to external libraries.
But then I guess needing 0.99675 of a character is not often encountered in a simple editor.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
javimixet
javimixet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Works in PW1 too!
Strange that the same executable works in both kindle and android, even when they have different architectures: armel and armhf...
Sorry, what I ment with "works in both" is that the program does, not the same executable. The one I linked is the one that works with PW3. In android I used APT to install it.
javimixet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:21 AM   #5
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
But it really does work in both!
I copied the identical executable into my PW1 and my android phone (termux).. and was able to run it ok in both.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert