Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
rave14210
rave14210 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Strange scrollbars in iBooks when making ePub from InDesign

Hello here,
Does any of you make eBooks in InDesign?
Would you think along with me? it concerns InDesign fixed layout ePub designing and export.
Something with iBooks and Mac's scroll settings is causing scrollbars to appear around some of my page. Even though the page is actually fitting.
It seems content is registered as if it's running out of the page. It's when the mac has the old mighty mouse connected, that scrollbars are turned on automatically. Once I set them to only show when scrolling, then the scrollbars dont show up and de epub page nicely fits in iBooks as expected.

Did you ever have a similar issue?
All else about my production is done so it's stuck on this... I would not like to have to crack open the epub to make changes...
I hope you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you!
rave14210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Of course it's true that on a forum we seldom hear from happy campers, but it does seem that InDesign fails more often than it succeeds in creating ebooks. The usual advice seems to be: save as epub, then fix the mess in Sigil.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert