Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
They also seem to have taken down FW 4.4.9298 for the aura edition 2, and replaced it with the older 4.3.9084 . It's currently showing 4.3.9084 as the highest. Anyone know why?
I would say they removed the update rules for the early affiliates and it has gone back to using the last rule that supported all affiliates. FW 4.4.9298 hadn't been rolled out everywhere and stopped sending it out. That's the hassle I have with your site. It doesn't tell the full story, and it probably can't.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:08 PM   #17
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
just synced with KA1, got black screen after automatic upgrading to 4.4.9344. went back to 4.4.9298.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #18
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
/Gets Popcorn/
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #19
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
kobo touch A got weak wifi after upgrading to 4.4.9344 while kobo aura and kobo glo seem to be ok with 4.4.9344.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #20
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I would say they removed the update rules for the early affiliates and it has gone back to using the last rule that supported all affiliates. FW 4.4.9298 hadn't been rolled out everywhere and stopped sending it out. That's the hassle I have with your site. It doesn't tell the full story, and it probably can't.
I am planning to host an automatically collected history of all versions from affiliates in the future, and have them accessible from the page.

You can also see the versions for other affiliates already.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #21
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I also got black screen with KA1 and had to do factory reset
Reckon the corrected update hasnt rolled out to all servers yet, as of the time of this post
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:00 AM   #22
scegghy
scegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverscegghy exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Forma
I got the black screen too. I tried several times, with automatic update and also manual update, but no chance to get back my kobo.

I know I can downgrade to older firmware, but I would like to ask if there is a way to block the automatic upgrade because I need to download again my books from the store and as soon as I connect it to internet, it finds the new broken firmware

Last edited by scegghy; 05-18-2017 at 05:05 AM.
scegghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #23
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
Argh, I have the curse of the black screen!

Good thing I only put this update on my Aura One, because I had only just got round to re-adding all my books from my SD card into their collections on my H2O.
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 AM   #24
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The download links for sideloading will be added to https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases soon. Or you can use
I update the Wiki page.
What the first release for H2O2 4.4.9298 or 4.4.9344?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:13 AM   #25
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there an easy way for a novice to tell the difference between the faulty update and the good one? Is there a difference in file size? Is there a way to compute a checksum in Windows without installing extra software?

I downloaded the mk6 update and the filesize is 84,648,827 bytes, but I have no way to tell whether that is the faulty one or the good one. md5sum: b0208d75e861176f504df0a1ce2ddbf2 kobo-update-4.4.9344.zip

(Edit: I sideloaded the mk4 update to my Glo with no problems, it had a filesize of 100,580,921 bytes, md5sum: 5a1017aca59b6d11ec2ab5134a900898 kobo-update-4.4.9344.zip)

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-18-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: mk4 filesize and md5sum
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I downloaded the mk6 update and the filesize is 84,648,827 bytes, but I have no way to tell whether that is the faulty one or the good one. md5sum: b0208d75e861176f504df0a1ce2ddbf2 kobo-update-4.4.9344.zip
I just downloaded the Mark 6 version of the firmware from here and I get a size of 84,642,940 with an MD5 of 545969e53732d1abb904d7acf4175922
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:35 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I update the Wiki page.
What the first release for H2O2 4.4.9298 or 4.4.9344?
It should be 4.4.9298.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Is there an easy way for a novice to tell the difference between the faulty update and the good one? Is there a difference in file size? Is there a way to compute a checksum in Windows without installing extra software?

(Edit: I sideloaded the mk4 update to my Glo with no problems, it had a filesize of 100,580,921 bytes, md5sum: 5a1017aca59b6d11ec2ab5134a900898 kobo-update-4.4.9344.zip)
I think the problem is only affecting the Aura ONE. It might also be affecting the Aura Edition 2. At the worst, it is affecting all the Mark 6 devices.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #29
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just downloaded the Mark 6 version of the firmware from here and I get a size of 84,642,940 with an MD5 of 545969e53732d1abb904d7acf4175922
Thats the bad one
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #30
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thats the bad one
Thanks, that is the information anyone contemplating sideloading the mark6 firmware needs.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote