Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #151
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is no night mode plugin included in any Kobo firmware. Kobo doesn't use plugins, or at least doesn't use them in the way other applications do.

There is a night mode, or screen invert, that can be enable via a config option. But, it's always on.

There is also a night mode hack that can be installed. There's a thread in the developers forum about it. I don't use it, but I haven't heard that it doesn't work.

And as Jon said, there is a later firmware version, 4.5.9587. Unless downloading books using the browser, or you use kepubs on the SD card, I would recommend going to it.
I hadn't seen it... thank you ! do you know if we can directly drop from 4.2.8432 to 4.5.9587? Indeed this link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...54#post3554654 is not clear for me (I'm french) because on the first page it's written :

"Check Settings > Device information to make sure your Kobo ereader is already running firmware version 4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1). If not, then you need to upgrade before applying this patch."

=> I can not be in 4.5.9587 if I want to install 4.5.9587 !

Last edited by akorx; 08-06-2017 at 09:01 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #152
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I hadn't seen it... thank you ! do you know if we can directly drop from 4.2.8432 to 4.5.9587? Indeed this link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...54#post3554654 is not clear for me (I'm french) because on the first page it's written :

"Check Settings > Device information to make sure your Kobo ereader is already running firmware version 4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1). If not, then you need to upgrade before applying this patch."

=> I can not be in 4.5.9587 if I want to install 4.5.9587 !
You can upgrade from any version of the firmware to any newer version. There's a fair chance that if you sync, it will update to 4.5.9587. But, there is a set of patches for each released firmware version. If there is a reason you don't want to upgrade, then find the patch thread for the firmware you are using.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #153
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can upgrade from any version of the firmware to any newer version. There's a fair chance that if you sync, it will update to 4.5.9587. But, there is a set of patches for each released firmware version. If there is a reason you don't want to upgrade, then find the patch thread for the firmware you are using.
So this link is not a FW but a patch only? so where is the last firwmare to install before to apply this patch (i don't use sync, I do it manualy) ?
Old 08-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #154
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
So this link is not a FW but a patch only? so where is the last firwmare to install before to apply this patch (i don't use sync, I do it manualy) ?
Again, there is a thread created to discuss each firmware as they are released. There should be a link in one of the the first few posts to the firmware. Or, you can use the Wiki page: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #155
akorx
Addict

I've update my GLO (not HD) on FW 4.5.9587 and all is ok but before to switch between night mode I had just to do a long press (800 ms) on the light button (and an another long press disabled it)... no this long press is ignored !!! how can I do re enable it????

PS : the only 2 things I've found is to follow this link :
- http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...212162&page=71 but it's without the light button, I've to restart each times my device....
or this one :
- Toggle to nightmode by setting the brightness to 100% and waiting for 4 seconds "https://github.com/dbeinder/kobo-nightmode/issues/9"

Last edited by akorx; 08-06-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Advert