Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
JapaG
JapaG began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
"Flip-top" case for Gen3?

I have the black Bookeen case for my Gen3, and it works fine (although after some use, it seems to be a little too loose, but that's not the issue here).

The major problem I have with it is that I find it difficult to read with holding the Gen3 in one hand. I can bend the cover to the back, but it is not comfortable.

Now, I think that the best solution would be if I could find a case, on which the hinge is at the top rather than on the side, to enable "flipping" the cover to the back of the device. Does anyone know of such a case?
JapaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I agree, Japa. Flip top cases are much, much more comfortable and practical. I don't know if there's one that's Cybook-specific, but check Tuff-Luv. The one I bought for a PRS-505 makes a world of difference. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
JapaG

Those Tuff-Luv cases seem just like the case I would want for my CyBook. Unfortunately, they don't make one for CyBook...

Does anyone know if the Gen3 is exactly the same size as some other gizmo, so that I could use the case of another device?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaG View Post
Those Tuff-Luv cases seem just like the case I would want for my CyBook. Unfortunately, they don't make one for CyBook...

Does anyone know if the Gen3 is exactly the same size as some other gizmo, so that I could use the case of another device?
Cool-er, pocketbook301, e-slick.
But i don't think that kind of cover exists for either of them.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:

They have cases for the COOL-ER. The Gen3 is exactly the same; both are Netronix EB-600s.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Cool-er, pocketbook301, e-slick.
But i don't think that kind of cover exists for either of them.
Actually, it does: http://www.i-nique.com/model.asp/cn=6/c=443
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
JapaG

Magnificent! And they have it in glorious red, as well.

Thanks very much for your help, neilmarr, EowynCarter and mbovenka! I'll order one and tell you of my experiences.

(The only little doubt is that Cool-Er seems to have a round button at the front, not a rectangular one like the CyBook, but I think it'll be ok...)
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Oh!
I didn't saw there where more stuff down. bah !

Round hole will be a problem. Can probably be fixed with a cutter or someting though.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #9
JapaG

My new Tuff-Luv case arrived today, and it is perfect (and beautifully red )!

The round hole for the action button is large enough, so that I can press on each side of the rectangular button. I can access all the other buttons as well and I am even able to open the loading port cover with the case on.

The cover is easy to hold in one hand, the cover flips all the way back and even locks in place with a magnet. The case has a stand that enables me to place the reader in a good reading position on the table when I'm reading while eating.

All in all, it's all I hoped it to be. Thanks again, everyone!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
This cover looks promising indeed.

Is there a noticeable weight difference, compared to the original bookeen cover?
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #11
JapaG

Thanks for asking! I somehow felt that the new Tuff-Luv cover was smaller and lighter than the Bookeen cover, so I checked.

Weight:
Bookeen 123g
Tuff-Luv 111g

Dimensions H x W x D:
Bookeen 19,2cm x 13,4cm x 2,0cm
Tuff-Luv 19,3cm x 12,3cm x 2,6cm

So Tuff-Luv is actually slightly lighter, but nothing actually noticeable, I think... As for size, both have almost the same height, Tuff-Luv is narrower (due to the Bookeen's bend being on the side), and Tuff-Luv is thicker (due to the clasp and stand on its backside).

Hope this helps!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Thanks for asking!
Well, thanks for answering!

I'm really considering buying one of those (although I'd be more timid and go with the black one), but I have one last question if I may: is it easy to take the cybook out of the cover? I like to read without a cover when I'm at home, and the fact that it's so easy to slip it out of the bookeen cover is rather nice (although it worries me a bit when it's in my purse).
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You're a danger for my c/c I've ordered the red one (a real red, not like Bookeen ) , I'll tell you how I feel it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
JapaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine View Post
is it easy to take the cybook out of the cover? I like to read without a cover when I'm at home, and the fact that it's so easy to slip it out of the bookeen cover is rather nice (although it worries me a bit when it's in my purse).
Yes, it slips out nice and easy when open. But, as it's a flip-top case, there is no danger of the CyBook falling from the case when it's closed (which I, as well, worried about with the Bookeen case...).
Old 01-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #15
chlorine
Addict

Thanks for the information!

I just ordered one, hope I get it quickly! (though I have a couple of paper books to read right now, so I won't miss it if it doesn't)