Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2023, 02:42 AM   #1
Theh4xis
Theh4xis began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Issues installing KUAL on freshly-jailbroken PW5

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking for a bit before diving into asking for solutions, but I can't seem to find an answer for my current issue.

Working with a PW5, as far as I'm able to tell, I successfully jb'd the device (manually updated to 5.14.2 in order to do so, still currently at 5.14.2). Unfortunately, KUAL does not want to appear when I try adding it.

I have tried adding the azw2 file to the Documents folder to no avail. I'm not exactly sure what I could be doing incorrectly at this point. I'm either overlooking the solution, or I'm simply that ignorant. Regardless, any insight or help is much appreciated.

Thank you!
Theh4xis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:18 AM   #2
MrKaon
MrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enough

Device: KV, PW5
Go to KUAL thread and read

Important notice *anything* that might be running FW >= 5.9.x: from first post:

Spoiler:

As of right now, and for reasons outside of our control, Kindlets will fail to run on these devices & firmwares, so you can disregard the earlier bit about the azw2 file.

Instead, on these devices, we will have to use the Booklet version of KUAL.

First, the prerequisites: your device of course still needs to be jailbroken, and needs to be running a recent "hotfix" version (the vast majority of you should be covered, only the early adopters might need to update their hotfix). Then, you will have to install MR Package Installer (MRPI). Never mind that it's technically a KUAL extension and that we're in effect doing things in reverse .

Once that's done, put the Update_KUALBooklet_v*_install.bin file (found in the same archive as mentioned earlier) in the mrpackages folder, which you'll find at the root of your Kindle over USB, then eject & unplug you Kindle.

Finally, enter ;log mrpi in the Homescreen's searchbar (in a similar fashion as what you had to do during the Jailbreak), and wait for MRPI to do its thing.
When the UI finishes restarting, you should end up with a KUAL entry in your Library (showing as a personal document).
MrKaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 12:51 PM   #3
Theh4xis

Thank you very much - seems like I can’t read. I’ll give this a shot later today
Old 02-07-2023, 07:11 PM   #4
Theh4xis

That ended up being successful. Apologies for missing that helpful bit of information, thank you for your help!