Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-24-2019, 01:53 AM   #1
Bjorn G
Bjorn G began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question EPUB 3 Error in EPUBCheck version 4.1.1.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and community. I am an Indi amateur publisher in the process of creating an EPUB file for 'publishing. I am using Calibre 3.41.3 to produce an EPUB 3 for submission of a book to IngramSpark that requires EPUB 3 format (won't accept EPUB 2).

When checking the EPUB 3 file with "EPUB Validator (beta)" at http://validator.idpf.org/application/validate I get the following message:

WARNING - content.opf: XHTML Content Document file name 'index_split_000.html' should have the extension '.xhtml'.

These errors appear at every page break in my source document (docx format). There is a footnote on the results page that reads - Validated using EPUBCheck version 4.1.1. (an EPUB 2 file from the same input file passes without any errors).

Is there a setting in Calibre that overcomes this problem with the extension file name?
Bjorn G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:44 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn G View Post
Is there a setting in Calibre that overcomes this problem with the extension file name?
Open the file with the Calibre editor, highlight all .html files, right-click them, select Change file extension for the selected files, enter xhtml and click OK.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2019, 03:16 AM   #3
Bjorn G
Bjorn G began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Open the file with the Calibre editor, highlight all .html files, right-click them, select Change file extension for the selected files, enter xhtml and click OK.
Thanks Doitsu - will do when back at my desk.
Bjorn G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caliber, epub 3.0, validation warning, validation;epubcheck;