Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #46
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
I haven't tried the new 4.4, but with the old one I sometimes had to do a second or even third flash to achieve stability.

You also might try downloading it again if a second flash doesn't fix it.

Sometimes these 'stopped' messages themselves are just temporary until the next reboot.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #47
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Has anyone installed the new 4.4 on a T68? I did it twice, but both times it installed 4.0.4.

Bug report here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=19
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #48
shagguar
shagguar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Does the update v1.8.2 improve Android 4.4 KK for all the Onyx readers that are updateble?
Is it alpha/beta/stable? Because i'm a little confused. Right now i'm with C67ML on v1.8.1

thx
shagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #49
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
Why am I getting the "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." error message after the installation? i86 here.
The same are on T68.
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 PM   #50
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
Does the update v1.8.2 improve Android 4.4 KK for all the Onyx readers that are updateble?
Is it alpha/beta/stable? Because i'm a little confused. Right now i'm with C67ML on v1.8.1

thx
check the d/l page. I don't think it is available from booxtor for the C67ML as he doesn't sell it. Hopefully Onyx will release it themselves.
Advert
Old 05-12-2017, 02:42 AM   #51
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Has anyone tried to install the Kobo and Amazon Kindle apps on Max/Max Carta or M/N96 with Android 4.0 and 4.4? Do they work properly?
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #52
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Has anyone installed the new 4.4 on a T68? I did it twice, but both times it installed 4.0.4.

Bug report here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=19
Hello Pajamaman, apparently both you and me misunderstood: as far as I realized 1.8.2 is just a "normal" update still with Android 4.0.4. if you want to install 4.4 you should get the file at the bottom of the page and follow the procedure, i'm afraid..

regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #53
Pajamaman
Wizard

Thanks Brandobras. I'll try that.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #54
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Not "all Onyx Books" -- it doesn't have one for the Kepler Pro.
What is the newest version of Android for the Kepler Pro?
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #55
shagguar
shagguar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
check the d/l page. I don't think it is available from booxtor for the C67ML as he doesn't sell it. Hopefully Onyx will release it themselves.
Not from booxtor but in onyx-international official website it is available.
shagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #56
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
Has anyone tried to install the Kobo and Amazon Kindle apps on Max/Max Carta or M/N96 with Android 4.0 and 4.4? Do they work properly?
Yes, work but on 4.0.4 there were hips and hops to start any new app for the first time. Just try multiple times and don't give up when you see 'app not responding'.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #57
Pajamaman
Wizard

I'm having trouble getting download mode to work. It worked okay before. I re-boot device using Press PgDn (<) + PgUp (>) + power button for 3-4 seconds. The screen flashes but MFG doesn't see it. Anyone had this problem?

Edit: maybe USB Debug fixed it.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 05-12-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #58
Pajamaman
Wizard

Upgraded T68 to new 4.4. Got the dreaded "process com.android.systemui has stopped" error. Don't upgrade a T68 or i86 till it's fixed.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #59
Pajamaman
Wizard

Is there a way to boot the T68 into safe-mode? This will disable apps which might be causing the error.

Edit: Apparently you hold the power button down, then when given the option to power off or reboot, you press and hold the power off option to go into safe mode. The problem is the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error pops up over it and blocks it so you can't power off! Drat!

Edit: I got it into safe-mode by restarting the device and holding the Menu button. But the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error still appears, so the error is not due to an app.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 05-14-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #60
ericooo
ericooo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96 CML
Quote:
Is there a way to boot the T68 into safe-mode? This will disable apps which might be causing the error.

Edit: Apparently you hold the power button down, then when given the option to power off or reboot, you press and hold the power off option to go into safe mode. The problem is the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error pops up over it and blocks it so you can't power off! Drat!

Edit: I got it into safe-mode by restarting the device and holding the Menu button. But the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error still appears, so the error is not due to an app.
In my phones, it happen often after a "dirty" upgrade.
An old app not conform whith earlier system

To solve, you need to : Factory reset before and after upgrade.
Perhaps you should first revert to 4.0 , wipe data, Factory reset, then upgrade to 4.4 again
Hope it will help
ericooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx android