Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #3376
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2019-04-23
- More improvements for adapter_asianfanficscom, including auto_sub feature, thanks oh45454545
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #3377
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Quote:
Entry onlyromships is now a copy of ships. Remove '&' entries from onlyromships and set it into your ships column. replace_metadata lines for onlyromships will not effect ships.
A few days ago when you helpfully instructed me how to do this, I included this line in my personal.ini and it worked great:

Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ]
Today it wasn't working for me, and in attempting to debug, I discovered this works:

Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ]
I had thought I read in an earlier post that the ampersand was the one symbol that didn't follow the usual reg ex rules and had to be & Did something change in the last few days? (I have been staying up to date on the test versions.) Or am I imagining this?
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #3378
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
It appears I spoke too soon.

When downloading/updating metadata from a website, only "&" works. The "&" doesn't. So in this case, I get the correct result ("char1 & char2" pairings excluded from my pairings column) when downloading or updating metadata from the webpage by using:

Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ]
But if I later update metadata from the saved metadata column, the "&" doesn't work - so the "char1 & char2" pairings are no longer excluded and will re-appear in the pairing column. In this case, though, "&" does work:

Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ]

So it appears that in order for me to get the result I want and for it to stay that way, even if I update later from the saved metadata column, I need this:

Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ] 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ]
Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the expected behavior?
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #3379
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2019-04-23
- Fix for BS halping with string conversions on PI update from Saved Meta Column.
- More improvements for adapter_asianfanficscom, including auto_sub feature, thanks oh45454545

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscat View Post
When downloading/updating metadata from a website, only "&" works. The "&" doesn't.
But if I later update metadata from the saved metadata column, the "&" doesn't work - so the "char1 & char2" pairings are no longer excluded and will re-appear in the pairing column. In this case, though, "&" does work:
Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the expected behavior?
I think this is another weird BeautifulSoup 3 vs 4 difference that I didn't notice because it works fine 99% of the time.

FFF uses & internally for historical reasons, and that should be what works in general.

You should be able to use:
Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~&
No need to match the spaces around &, I don't think. But if you do want to, you probably want the trailing * so it's "0 or more spaces" on both sides of the & like so:
Code:
exclude_metadata_post: 
 onlyromships=~[ ]*&[ ]*
You seem to be one of those people who (through no fault of their own) are just naturally gifted at finding bugs in my code.

I used to work with a guy like that--whatever I made would work fine for everybody else. But he just thought and did things differently, in ways I couldn't even think of, then...
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote