Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #61
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
My PW4 is highlighting and looking up words as it always has. I don't understand what you are saying about the left margin.
It is the black rectangle along the left edge of the screen, whose height matches that of the line(s) currently selected. What is also new is the underlining of selected text whilst you are doing this. Once you finish the operation, the underline disappears and leaves the highlight.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #62
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
It's been a while since I read a Kindle book that had footnotes. Maybe it didn't happen in this update, but the specific footnote now opens to a full page. To go back to where you were reading you just close the footnote page. I like that a lot.

The jury is still out on the new highlighting system, however. (This is on my Kindle Basic 8th Generation.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:45 PM   #63
Paperbackstash
Groupie
Paperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW 3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
I see something different with the filter, but I don't have a read/unread books filter or option anywhere that I can see. Showed up about a week after I updated.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #64
Paperbackstash
Groupie
Paperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguePaperbackstash can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Oh, I see it may be a read banner that appears under a book? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what I'm supposed to be seeing. I'm not seeing any banner either, just was browsing a thread on KBoards trying to figure it out.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #65
lumpynose
Connoisseur
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Interesting...it's not happening on my Oasis.

Shari
Maybe it's like the "read" filter, you have to wait awhile before it shows up.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:40 PM   #66
Paperbackstash
Groupie

After posting in this thread and going outside for a bit, mine just showed up out of the blue. No idea why on the change, but it's finally here with the "announcing the read filter"
Old 04-21-2019, 11:43 PM   #67
Paperbackstash
Groupie

Okay, when selecting the read filter, the books have the read banner that took place of the percentages.

Books that are not marked 100%, but have been read, show up as "Unread" and still have percentages. I'm looking at one now that's marked 96% and another marked 94% that I've finished. I'll have to go through these and scroll to the very end to try and make it to 100% so they'll move over. Otherwise it may bug me after awhile.

Edited to add: I just found one that is marked 100% but it's in the unread filter. Hm, must have some bugs still.

Edited again: It looks like if a book is marked 100% but still showing unread, as I've seen with a few, you have to go to the end where it says "before you go" by Amazon to get it move over, not just 100%.

For some reason when I'm doing this instead of just letting me close the book, the screen turns white each time and I have to use the back arrows.

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 04-21-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:45 PM   #68
Paperbackstash
Groupie

AND apparently if you've read a book once but scrolled back in it for whatever reason, it's not in the read filter anymore. I'm looking at a book I read a book to 100%, but I had scrolled back in it for some reason (sometimes I do for recipes, sometimes to re-read a certain scene or see a series page), and then the Kindle marks it as an unread book.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #69
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It's been a while since I read a Kindle book that had footnotes. Maybe it didn't happen in this update, but the specific footnote now opens to a full page. To go back to where you were reading you just close the footnote page. I like that a lot.

The jury is still out on the new highlighting system, however. (This is on my Kindle Basic 8th Generation.)
It will depend on where the footnote reference is on the page: if it is in bottom third or so, it opens full page, else it just opens a window that takes the bottom third or so. I don’t think this behavior has changed recently.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:47 AM   #70
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It will depend on where the footnote reference is on the page: if it is in bottom third or so, it opens full page, else it just opens a window that takes the bottom third or so. I don’t think this behavior has changed recently.
Okay. I've been reading mostly on my Tolinos and Sonys lately, so I'm guessing it was something I misremembered with the Kindles. Thanks!

Oh, and I've played around with the new highlighting (which is something I don't normally use). I do like the new way, seems a little easier and more accurate.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-22-2019 at 01:50 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote