Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #1
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Chapter Progress in Book Status

Hello,

I just installed KOReader on my Aura One and think it's great! I tried it a few years ago on my original Kobo Touch but it is so much better now I'm going to use it as my regular reader. Thanks so much for all the hard work.

I generally like to read in full-page mode (no status bar) and one thing I miss from Nickel is being able to tap on the screen to see my book progress. The closest I've come setting the bottom right tap to bring up the Book Status, which is pretty close, but I would really love to be able to see my chapter progress in there. Is there anyway way to configure this?

Alternatively, is there anywhere else to see chapter progress? I've only ever seen it shown in the progress bar (with the chapter markers).

Thanks again for the great software.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You can have the "mini progress bar" step through the selected items you want displayed and dismissing it. You can even have it so there is no actual progress bar and have your selected items centered at the bottom of the page. There is a remaining pages in the chapter display that I find handy.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:34 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If you either set the bar to "all at once", or if there's only one item enabled (i.e., the bar itself or whatever flavor of chapter progress you prefer [there's page left or time left in chapter, IIRC]), that will effectively make the "tap on the bar to cycle" behavior a toggle, which gets you one tap away from chapter progress, while not having to live with the status bar 100% of the time .

Granted, getting used to the tiny tap zone of the bar itself may take some getting used to .
The crappy touch layer of the Aura One will probably not help on that front... If you end up triggering the bottom menu far too often instead, I *think* there's an option to make the menu swipe only or something .

(If you were using a device with raised bezels, I'd say don't hesitate to wedge your finger against the bezel itself, but, again, Aura One ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-18-2019 at 11:41 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #4
sladflob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You can even have it so there is no actual progress bar and have your selected items centered at the bottom of the page.
Ah, thanks Ken, this wasn't obvious. Does having the progress bar set up like this increase the size of the bottom margin?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:43 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yes, but not for long . (I'm working on making margins more easily tweakable, and an option to always ignore the bar's height was already planned ).

(Note that having the bar set up to show *anything* at all was already making it part of the bottom margin. It's currently only ignored if it's "set up" to show nothing, ever).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-18-2019 at 11:59 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:14 AM   #6
sladflob
Connoisseur

OK great, looking forward to the updates. Thanks!