Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 4, 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos
Kindle update - Read/Unread

I sat down for some reading this a.m. with my Voyage and was greeted with an announcement about an addition to my Kindle as well as NO BOOKS!! Amazon has added a feature to have read and unread books sorted so that you can choose to blank out all your unread books. After fiddling a bit, I fixed it so my books showed up, but it will take some time to get the read and unread sorted out (I have over 1000 books in the cloud). Side loaded books also get the same treatment at least if they are azw3.

All my other kindles are on Airplane mode to save on power, so unaffected. My Kindle Keyboard 3G was frozen, but a soft reboot fixed that. Don't know if related to the update, but it has never locked up before. Could simply be a coincidence.

Last edited by Tarana; 04-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #2
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I sat down for some reading this a.m. with my Voyage and was greeted with an announcement about an addition to my Kindle as well as NO BOOKS!! Amazon has added a feature to have read and unread books sorted so that you can choose to blank out all your unread books. After fiddling a bit, I fixed it so my books showed up, but it will take some time to get the read and unread sorted out (I have over 1000 books in the cloud). Side loaded books also get the same treatment at least if they are azw3.

All my other kindles are on Airplane mode to save on power, so unaffected. My Kindle Keyboard 3G was frozen, but a soft reboot fixed that. Don't know if related to the update, but it has never locked up before. Could simply be a coincidence.
The Kindle Keyboard has not had an update for several years. It will not be getting the Read/Unread feature.

Note that while you can toggle status of side-loaded books it won’t persist if you remove and restore them, as status is not tracked through your Amazon account. Perhaps some calibre update can figure out how to read the status when the Kindle is connected, and sync it to something in the calibre database.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
I don't understand the OP. All that happened on my PW4 is the option to mark a book read. Then it simply shows a "read" for that book on the device. I didn't lose any books and didn't have to "fiddle" with anything. When I went to "Manage Your Kindle" it doesn't show the "read" designation.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote