Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Kobo Glo: Problem with Slider

Hi,

I bought two Kobo Glo's as christmas presents. While on one the slider to turn the reader on and off works like a charm, on the other I have problems in that the slider works only from time to time.

Is there anything that can be done (e.g. hitting it three times on one side...), could this be a software-related problem (both readers have the 2.3.1 firmware), or is it simply a mechanical defect and I have to bring it back and exchange it for another one?

The slider can move from one end of its hole to the other without any obstructions, and there is nothing to be seen from the outside that differs from the other one...

Thanks in advance for any ideas, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
The slider on my Glo once stopped working for a few hours. Then it was fine for a few weeks until the light button stopped working (although the slider continued to work). There may be a wire to these top buttons that can become loose. I ended up exchanging the device and the replacement is fine.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
The slider on my Glo is OK at the moment, but I wonder how long they will last? I use mine all the time to go into sleep and to wake up, because it means it wakes up with the light automatically on. If you have the light on and let the Glo time out into sleep mode, then when you wake it up the light is off, which is a little bit annonying.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote