Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
paxku
paxku began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505 or ebookwise
Manga (cbr/cbz) to pdf?

Hi!

Now that my prs505 can read pdf, I want to read my manga in pdf and in horizontal (now I can read them with no problem).

right now, I decompress my cbr to jpg, and combine them with NitroPDF.
The resulting files are the same size as the original jpg, and they look great.

Anyway, is there any other way for directly creating good pdf (same quality as original) directly from cbr/cbz?

I tried manga2ebook, comiclrf, jomic, and they are easy to use, but they produce veery bgi files, and the result is quite low quality.
paxku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 AM   #2
vivek_cbe
vivek_cbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
you can try "pdfread". I havent tried it but its worth a shot. It supports cbz files.
vivek_cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 AM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxku View Post
Hi!

Now that my prs505 can read pdf, I want to read my manga in pdf and in horizontal (now I can read them with no problem).

right now, I decompress my cbr to jpg, and combine them with NitroPDF.
The resulting files are the same size as the original jpg, and they look great.

Anyway, is there any other way for directly creating good pdf (same quality as original) directly from cbr/cbz?

I tried manga2ebook, comiclrf, jomic, and they are easy to use, but they produce veery bgi files, and the result is quite low quality.
You should tweak manga2ebook's configuration, to get the best possible result. If you want, you can use it only to resize the jpgs to the right size, before converting to PDF with another program.

Here's the software, including the ImageMagick:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11745978...ckIncluded.rar
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
paxku
paxku began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505 or ebookwise
thanks for the replies, but I'm not still done.

pdfread: it may be able to get cbz files, but I only was able to get 1kb files. it didn't work. It may be because it doesn't accept cbz files, because I used it wrong, or because it doesn't work. Anyway, it doesn't output pdf files, so I won't spend more time with it.

manga2ebook: as I already said, I tried it. It creates pdf in a batch, nd that's very convenient. But it just was able to get reaaally big and reaaaally bad quality pdf. Maybe you could quide me with the needed tweaks?

as for now, nitropdf works best (but it gets hung every file it creates, and it doesn't work in batch), and jomic works great (when it works, 'cause it gives lots of errors)
paxku is offline   Reply With Quote