Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
jontylovell
jontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: WM6
Comic Converter for PDF, CBZ, CBR, ZIP, RAR, PPT, PPTX

Hi All,

I have just released version 1.1 of my Comic Converter tool that will take comic books and turn them into CBZ files for easy viewing in a number of comic book programs. I am looking for feedback on how it works and what could be improved. It is free to download and use from www.jontylovell.net.

Thanks for listening.
jontylovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Hi Jontylovell, welcome to MobileRead.

This tool looks interesting as I've a massive collection of comics and hate the PDF format for them.

I'll give it a go and try converting a few to CBR.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Downloaded your program, but can't get it to install. Running windows 7, 32-bit, and tried to run the installer in compatability mode as a last shot.

No go. Got any ideas? My PDF comics are languishing!
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon65 View Post
Downloaded your program, but can't get it to install. Running windows 7, 32-bit, and tried to run the installer in compatability mode as a last shot.

Installer does not work here, either!!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
jontylovell
jontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejontylovell can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Admin Mode required

Hi all,

I developed this on Windows 7 so it should work fine. You will need to run the installer as an admin from an admin command prompt and you may need to run the exe as an admin as well. I will fix this in the next release which will make it easier.

Quote:

Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
jontylovell

Quote:

I have made an update to both the software and the installer. Try downloading again and installing. Should work fine now.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

As soon as I'm home, and have a second, I'll download your new version and give it a spin!

Thanks for responding so quickly!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #8
dmon65
Connoisseur

Downloaded the new .msi and this one installed flawlessly.

Very quickly converted 3 comics in PDF format and 4 that were in .CBR. Ran quickly and perfectly!

The CBRs choked my SmartQ 7 when reading them in Comix. The converted .CBZs work quite a bit more smoothly.

Thank you sir! Great app!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #9
jontylovell

dmon,

Glad it's working for you now. I am working on some updates and will let you know when they are available.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Quote:
Downloaded the new .msi and this one installed flawlessly.

Very quickly converted 3 comics in PDF format and 4 that were in .CBR. Ran quickly and perfectly!

The CBRs choked my SmartQ 7 when reading them in Comix. The converted .CBZs work quite a bit more smoothly.

Thank you sir! Great app!
Old 04-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #10
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
I downloaded version 2.0 but does not work for me on Win 10 64bit.

I am trying to convert PDF to cbz

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
SevenZip.SevenZipInvalidFileNamesException: Invalid file names have been specified: Message: the specified directory is empty!
at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressDirectory(Stri ng directory, Stream archiveStream, String password, String searchPattern, Boolean recursion)
at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressDirectory(Stri ng directory, String archiveName, String password, String searchPattern, Boolean recursion)
at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressDirectory(Stri ng directory, String archiveName)
at ComicConverter.frmCo
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:59 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
I downloaded version 2.0 but does not work for me on Win 10 64bit.
Odd, I haven't used it for much since 2013 but it did work for me on Windows 10 x64 when I did some test conversions a couple of years back (I was using it to generate some CBZ files to feed into Kindle Comic Converter for testing).

OTOH, you might want to notice the last post in this thread prior to your post was 2009-Sep-19 so getting close to 11 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread_Necromancy_06.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	178640  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote