Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Twitchly
Bookish
Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Sony Pocket Reader
Voyage page-forward button now takes me backward

Since updating to the latest the firmware, I’m finding my Voyage is acting strangely. Specifically, the left-side page-forward button takes me backward instead of forward. There’s just a tiny segment of the button that will page forward now and it’s not easy to find.

Anyone have a fix for this? I love that feature.

(Initially posted in a firmware update thread. Tried and failed to delete it there. Apologies for the double posting.)
Twitchly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Both of my Voyages still work as expected after update in terms of the buttons. I would probably try:

- Restart
- go into Reading Settings / PagePress and toggle PagePress off, then back on.

My first thought was the PagePress somehow got turned off and your thumb was touching the screen and causing page to go back. But does not fit your description very well.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
Twitchly
Bookish
Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Twitchly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Both of my Voyages still work as expected after update in terms of the buttons. I would probably try:

- Restart
- go into Reading Settings / PagePress and toggle PagePress off, then back on.

My first thought was the PagePress somehow got turned off and your thumb was touching the screen and causing page to go back. But does not fit your description very well.
Restart didn’t work, but toggling PagePress did. Thank you!

Love my Voyage. Lighter and more uniform page light than my old Paperwhite. I can’t understand why Amazon discontinued it. But that’s another thread.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
Twitchly
Bookish

I spoke too soon. It’s taking me backward again.

I really don’t want to replace my Voyage. I don’t like any of the newer Kindles as well. They’re all heavier for some reason.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchly View Post
I spoke too soon. It’s taking me backward again.

I really don’t want to replace my Voyage. I don’t like any of the newer Kindles as well. They’re all heavier for some reason.
If you really want another Voyage, you can get one from Amazon Warehouse.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...sed&pldnSite=1

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
Twitchly
Bookish

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
If you really want another Voyage, you can get one from Amazon Warehouse.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...sed&pldnSite=1

Shari
Thanks. Another kind reader sent me a link to Woot, where I ordered a refurbished one.

It’s still my favorite reader by a country mile.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #7
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
As last step, you can try a reset (to factory default)
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #8
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Also have you used it alot recently? My backup one doesn't get used much so it does this. Once you use the device a bunch it tends to stop doing it in my experience.
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs, buttons, firmware 5.11.2, voyage