Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #76
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I also very appreciate your suggestions, comments and problem reports.
Hi Booxtor, here is my only gripe so far :-)

The 'Selection' crop function. It works great... as long as you only move forward > in the book. As soon as you press the < button the zoom level remains the same but the shown area shifts so that it touches the bottom of the page.Then if you start moving forward > again, the shown area shifts to the very top of the page.

To visualise, + shows the zoomed in area of the page, O the cropped off part of the page:

Code:
OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OO++++O     OO++++O
OO++++O     OO++++O     OO++++O     OOOOOOO     OO++++O     OO++++O
OO++++O  >  OO++++O  >  OO++++O  <  OO++++O  >  OO++++O  >  OO++++O
OO++++O     OO++++O     OO++++O     OO++++O     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OO++++O     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO
Bug or am I doing it wrong?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #77
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Hi Booxtor, here is my only gripe so far :-)

The 'Selection' crop function. It works great... as long as you only move forward > in the book. As soon as you press the < button the zoom level remains the same but the shown area shifts so that it touches the bottom of the page.Then if you start moving forward > again, the shown area shifts to the very top of the page.

To visualise, + shows the zoomed in area of the page, O the cropped off part of the page:

Code:
OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OO++++O     OO++++O
OO++++O     OO++++O     OO++++O     OOOOOOO     OO++++O     OO++++O
OO++++O  >  OO++++O  >  OO++++O  <  OO++++O  >  OO++++O  >  OO++++O
OO++++O     OO++++O     OO++++O     OO++++O     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO     OO++++O     OOOOOOO     OOOOOOO
Bug or am I doing it wrong?
It's a bug, the same holds for Autocrop in some PDFs.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #78
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Hi por,

Thanks. The only app I've found so far, and I looked at quite a few, that provides a workaround to that is PDF Reader by Ivan Ivanenko. However, the free version has rather intrusive ads (the 'pro version' is inexpensive though) and an annoying page slide effect that you cannot turn off. It's also quite a basic reader.

A couple of more questions. I understand that at this point in time dictionaries are not included (Top Right Corner Menu -> Dictionary Selection -> "No dictionary exists"), correct?

Is highlighting in PDF documents not available either? I've only found the scribble. Clicking on 'Annotation' icon that suggests highlighting function takes me to an empty page titled 'Annotation'.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #79
FredHolland
FredHolland began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Hi Booxtor,

Received my M96 today in Holland, and updated imediately with the 01-07-2014 update.

All seems to work well.

I could not find an usermanual on the device.

When will one become available?

Fred
FredHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #80
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I bought a T68 from Artatech through Amazon, before I knew about Booxstor! Well, my T68 has developed an annoying problem. Every now and then, for no obvious reason, it will go into a reboot loop - start rebooting over and over. What stops the loop is connecting it to a power source. I contacted Artatech, and they said that there is some motherboard issue and that I should return my T68 to Amazon for an exchange or refund - better than sending it from the USA to Poland, I suppose. Of course, now Amazon (USA) has no more T68s for the time being.

So, I will return my T68 to Amazon soon. But - does Booxstor ship to the USA? I see that they'll have a cover available by the 14th as well. I might get a refund from Amazon and go the Booxstor route, if that works.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #81
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Did we determine if these updates could be installed over the ArtaTech version without incident, or has nobody tried it yet?

If not, will these improvements eventually be passed on to the Lynx model?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #82
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Someone tried it and reported that it didn't work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #83
t_chip
t_chip began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Onyx T68 Lynx Update

Can someone post the update.zip for the T68 Lynx? Mine is stuck in a bootloop and I want to try and do a system restore update.

Thanks,
Terry
t_chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #84
illumilore
illumilore began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch
The lynx update does seem to have helped the touchscreen accuracy problem I was having, although it also took away my root access, and then put their own nerfed cool reader app back in, unfortunately.
illumilore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #85
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Hi Booxtor,

Just received a T68 device from your store 2 days ago. I was expecting the Instapaper to work fine but it crashes a lot.. I am a bit disappointed, would the update of the firmware help the stability of using apps like Instapaper?

Edited: But I am very happy with the reading experience on epub and pdf (particularly the reflow setting in the neo reader!)

Also, I have to confess that I am not 100% sure how the "Navigation" work...

Cheers,

Max

Last edited by maxlauhk; 07-12-2014 at 12:36 PM.
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #86
dbj
dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Instapaper works great for me on the M96.
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #87
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlauhk View Post
Hi Booxtor,

Just received a T68 device from your store 2 days ago. I was expecting the Instapaper to work fine but it crashes a lot.. I am a bit disappointed, would the update of the firmware help the stability of using apps like Instapaper?

Edited: But I am very happy with the reading experience on epub and pdf (particularly the reflow setting in the neo reader!)

Also, I have to confess that I am not 100% sure how the "Navigation" work...

Cheers,

Max
Booxtor,

Even Google Play Books crashes when I tried to turn pages, I suspect it is due to the same source of causes of problems. Any ideas?

Edited: This is reported in a review for Lynx T68
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...oox-t68-video/

Max

Last edited by maxlauhk; 07-12-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #88
maxlauhk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj View Post
Instapaper works great for me on the M96.
Hi,

Did you use the page turning option? It crashes very often when I use page turning.

Max
Old 07-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #89
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlauhk View Post
Hi,

Did you use the page turning option? It crashes very often when I use page turning.

Max
Instapaper worked fine for me on the T68 in every way. However, Google Play Books crashed constantly, even after several attempts to uninstall, re-install, try this or that setting. Play Books crashed less when I used flowing text. It crashed almost immediately when I used original pages. Some people have reported no problems with Play Books. Who can figure it out?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:26 AM   #90
maxlauhk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Instapaper worked fine for me on the T68 in every way. However, Google Play Books crashed constantly, even after several attempts to uninstall, re-install, try this or that setting. Play Books crashed less when I used flowing text. It crashed almost immediately when I used original pages. Some people have reported no problems with Play Books. Who can figure it out?
Hi,

I reinstall Instapaper and it works better now.

Do you have the highlight function in the Instapaper? It seems the version from GooglePlay installed for T68 is an older version?

Max