Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #31
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, but you implication is that no one wanted waterproof devices. I'm stating that people were asking for them a long time before they became available.
I was quite specific about "significant numbers" rather than "no one". What you infer despite that is your own business.

Quote:
So, Kobo jumped on the waterproofed device bandwagon started by Apple when Apple released the iPhone 7 in 2016? That's a really good trick considering Aura H2O in May 2014. That's ove two years before the Apple. Hell, Kobo even released their second waterproof device, the Aura ONE, before Apple released their first.
I said that Apple made waterproofing A Thing and that other manufacturers followed. Again, what you infer from that is your own business.

Quote:
Sorry, but the waterproofed devices are being released because the market wants them. But, stick to your conspiracy theory.
Apple have used "broken" waterproofing as a reason for denying warranty service on many occasions so it's no conspiracy theory. I don't know that Kobo ever have; I have no data on that.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:31 AM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post
I was quite specific about "significant numbers" rather than "no one". What you infer despite that is your own business.
And I was quite specific in stating that people have been asking for waterproofed devices basically from when the devices started being produced. I made no claim about a number. But, I do think you are wrong about the number of people asking for waterproofed devices. There is no way I can prove this, but, there is also no way for you to prove your claim.
Quote:
I said that Apple made waterproofing A Thing and that other manufacturers followed. Again, what you infer from that is your own business.
Well, I completely disagree on this. As far as I'm concerned, Apple were late to the market and followed others.
Quote:
Apple have used "broken" waterproofing as a reason for denying warranty service on many occasions so it's no conspiracy theory. I don't know that Kobo ever have; I have no data on that.
Is that what you are ranting about? Apple are in their rights to deny warranty service if the waterproofing is broken in such a way that it would cause other issues. But, that is completely different from your conspiracy theory that the real reason that the Apple and the other manufacturers are waterproofing these devices is to kill the third party repairer market. Personally, I think if they heard that they would just laugh at the absurdity of it. I doubt the amount of third party repairers is really harming their market in any way. Of course, I have no way to prove this, but, that is my feeling about what is going on.

And forgetting about Apple, I believe that Kobo have made waterproof devices for a simple reason. Because they knew they would sell.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-16-2019 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Fixed quoting.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote