Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Request Calibre to download EPUBs to Kindle Fire tablet

Calibre wants to download AZW3's to my Kindle Fire HD8 tablet. Reasonable, since it's an Amazon device and has the Kindle app installed. But I would rather download EPUB's and read those in the Moon+ Reader Pro app that I have installed.

In my Calibre instance on my desktop computer, I maintain all of my books in book AZW3 and EPUB format. No conversion needed later (I do the conversions at import time). I know it requires twice the disk space to hold two copies of each book, but I don't care.

How do I configure Calibre to send EPUB's to my Fire tablet (1) preferable by default, or (2) at least allow it per user choice at download time?

Something with plugboards I would guess. I tried to stumble my way through that. But I chose format=EPUB and device=Kindle_Fire and it complained that the Fire does not support EPUB's. Well it does ... if you have Moon+ Reader installed. Anyway, I didn't get very far trying to stumble my way through plugboards.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
right click the device icon in calibre and choose "configure this device"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2021, 10:49 PM   #3
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Well, that was certainly trivially easy.

Thanks!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote