Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I refuse to be ashamed!

Thanks to Curly's (who is probably desperately wishing I didn't just share credit) instructions and my own amazing vision and pathetic paint program, I have transformed myself into a ......psockppppenguin!

Yes, the results are a bit disastrous. Strangely enough, the sock shape and the penguin shape just are not as complimentary as you might think... and my own unsteady hand doesn't help matters. BUT there IS a psock under there! So I'm joining in! YAAAY ME!

If you look closely enough, and know your penguins, you will see that I am actually a combination of two different types of penguins, cleverly disguised. Bonus points if you can name them both!

(We'll get me help yet!)

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 05-13-2009 at 02:52 AM. Reason: In my excitement, I couldn't spell!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Thanks to Curly's (who is probably desperately wishing I didn't just share credit) instructions and my own amazing vision and pathetic paint program, I have transformed myself into a ......psockppppenguin!

Yes, the results are a bit disastrous. Strangely enough, the sock shape and the penguin shape just are not as complimentary as you might think... and my own unsteady hand doesn't help matters. BUT there IS a psock under there! So I'm joining in! YAAAY ME!

If you look closely enough, and know your penguins, you will see that I am actually a combination of two different types of penguins, cleverly disguised. Bonus points if you can name them both!

(We'll get me help yet!)

This is really great ART!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
HEADS MUST ROLL
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'd go for Emperor penguin and snacker-of-nations penguin...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'd go for Emperor penguin and snacker-of-nations penguin...
I just had a Penguin with added calcium, apparently. Why ruin a perfectly good chocolate biscuit by adding calcium?!

Anyway, my ICT skills aren't great either and I am proud to be associated with the penguin psockpuppet.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
There are ppenguins in Hawaii? There are psocks in Hawaii? How'd that happen?

To answer your question . . . uuhhhh . . . mmmmm . . .

Ppicasso, right?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
My guess on the penguins are

1: a car sick penguin

2: 007 Penguin (secret agents always wear a disguise)

Last edited by jinlo; 05-13-2009 at 10:54 AM.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Could one of the perhaps maybe be a Jackass Penguin?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I kid not, they come from Africa, Google it.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Jinlo has a chipmunk!

Well, it's not an "A" art project, but you get an "E" for effort. What is that gray cloud behind your head where the hair should be?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Jinlo has a chipmunk!
I think the chipmunk is meant to be a kind and friendly squirrel, but I could be wrong...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I think the chipmunk is meant to be a kind and friendly squirrel, but I could be wrong...
You are correct! It is psam the pacifist squirrel. He is the absolute opposite of those pirate ninja squirrels.

He was a gift from Lady Blue.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
gracekrispy, that is the most beautiful psock ppenguin i have ever seen ! it may also be the only psock ppenguin i have ever seen, however this circumstance should in no way denature the admiration and awe this creation inspires in me. truly, i am impressed. bravo. (oh, and it's been immortalised for posterity in the progue's gallery as well as has jinlo, his psock, and psam the pacifist psquirrel.).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #14
Curly
I need a holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
You are correct! It is psam the pacifist squirrel. He is the absolute opposite of those pirate ninja squirrels.

He was a gift from Lady Blue.
I am glad to hear there are pacifist squirrels working for the force of good and not evil.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Jinlo has a chipmunk!

Well, it's not an "A" art project, but you get an "E" for effort. What is that gray cloud behind your head where the hair should be?
We never want to actually grade an art project (unless of course this is an Art class). We just tell the student what an. . .uh. . .interesting adaptation of the assignment while smiling inanely and providing the standard platitudes of "good work", "wonderful use of art supplies", etc. And of course the VERY necessary question, "Did your parents help you with this?"

I'm just jealous I don't have any socks to use to make my puppet. My sheltie keeps eating them!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote