Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Error

What is one supposed to do with an error like this? I think Calibre is having some issues writing metadata to the PRS-700 once in a while but the error doesn't help me detect which book it's having issues with. This is also a problem because then I can't resend whatever book is having the error. It's not very feasible to dig through 400 some books to find the couple that is having metadata issue on the Sony.
Quote:
Job: Send metadata to device
**KeyError**: id
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.pyo", line 38, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.pyo", line 158, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre/devices/prs505/driver.pyo", line 469, in sync_booklists
File "calibre/devices/prs505/books.pyo", line 351, in write
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 45, in toxml
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 57, in toprettyxml
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 1749, in writexml
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 817, in writexml
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 817, in writexml
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 812, in writexml
File "xml/dom/minidom.pyo", line 530, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'id'
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid the only way to do it is to send the books in smaller lots until you find the offending one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing.

Originally, I was doing this:

1. Sending 20 books per job but before the job finished,
2. Send another 20 to 50 to 100.
Eventually some error happened.

Instead, what I did this time was send between 20 to 70 books each job and wait for the job to finish before I put another job in the queue. Using this approach, it seemed like there were no errors.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote