Notices

Old 04-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #106
aldazo
Enthusiast
aldazo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
No, i didn't bother looking any further into this and solve problems of deficient software.

Since i switched to koreader as my main reading application i don't have any problems anymore on this reading device.

Indeed, koreader does rock!
No offense please but I'm confused, a week ago I installed Librera after reading your post in page 3, and in that same post you wrote that Koreader was basically useless 'cause it was too slow.
Could you tell me what happened that change your preference? was it a new Koreader version? was it an system update? was it something else?
I'm curious because right now I'm installing in my phone a bunch of android readers to test them before installing the chosen one in my Likebook. Currently I tested Librera, Moon+, ReadEra and Xodo, and so far Xodo is my favorite for PDFs but I'm looking for the closest to it that also supports epub format. There are so many reader apps that I feel overwhelmed, that's why I'm looking for other users experience to narrow the choice set.
Btw, could you recommend me an offline translator?
And finally, what dictionary app are you using with Koreader?
That's all, thanks in advance.
aldazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #107
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldazo View Post
[...] and in that same post you wrote that Koreader was basically useless 'cause it was too slow.
Could you tell me what happened that change your preference? was it a new Koreader version? [...]
Btw, could you recommend me an offline translator?
And finally, what dictionary app are you using with Koreader?
You did note the post you are referring to is from July 2018? In a few month's time that'll be two years ago!

Lots of things have changed since then, and later versions of koreader work much better than anything else i tried.

I can't recommend any kind of translation app because i never needed one and thus have no idea. For the kind of books and documents i usually read my language skills are sufficiently advanced.

The built in dictionary function of koreader is much more useful for my needs than any external dictionary i tried so far.

I switched to use koreader on all my reading devices as it's flexibility easily beats anything else for me. In my not so humble opinion koreader is easily the most versatile and capable reader software available.

Try it out, it's free: http://koreader.rocks

Please note that i don't bother playing around anymore with the software on my reading devices since i have settled on the current setup. I prefer to forget about the device and simply spend my time with reading.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2020, 09:30 PM   #108
aldazo
Enthusiast
aldazo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
I switched to use koreader on all my reading devices as it's flexibility easily beats anything else for me. In my not so humble opinion koreader is easily the most versatile and capable reader software available.

Try it out, it's free: http://koreader.rocks

Please note that i don't bother playing around anymore with the software on my reading devices since i have settled on the current setup. I prefer to forget about the device and simply spend my time with reading.
Thanks for the info. I will try Koreader then, you seem very confident, if Koreader wasn't free they should hire you to sell it .
Some days ago my brother and I installed Koreader in his Kobo Forma and he was very please with it. But the stamp/flatten option from Xodo is very atractive plus you can sync the ereader version with the web platform. Tough choice
Anyway, thanks again. Hasta la próxima Rumbero!
aldazo is offline   Reply With Quote