Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #91
sparcina
sparcina began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Yes, I guess? (in the attached files you can see I've got more than one (there are two 'pages' of dictionary options).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1097.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	601.0 KB
ID:	163174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1098.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	606.6 KB
ID:	163175   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1099.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	627.0 KB
ID:	163176   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	740.1 KB
ID:	163177  
sparcina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #92
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Strange, you've chosen "Extra:_ru - Extra:_en" but it tells you that it can't find "Extra:_ru" (which is correct because you have no monolingual Russian dictionary installed). Do you see the same error message if you choose the second "Extra:_ru - Extra:_en" entry from the list?
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #93
sparcina

Yep, I guess the same error whenever a choose a dictionary that has 'ru' in it. The normal dictionaries (those I had before, like Deutsch-English) work fine.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:03 PM   #94
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
sparcina, try adding in Kobo eReader.conf

[ApplicationPreferences]
ExtraLocales=ru
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #95
sparcina

I had
ExtraLocales=ru, en
already, so I deleted 'en' and the comma, but it still doesn't work
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #96
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

patch `Allow searches on Extra dictionary` you used?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #97
sparcina

This is what mine looks like in libnickel:

<Patch>
patch_name = `Allow searches on Extra dictionaries`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Multi-version patch: 4.7.10413 - 4.7.10413+
#
## To allow searches on Extra dictionaries change space character at end of
## "Extra: " to another char (ex: "Extra:_")
## The space char causes a non-desired "English - English" when searching on
## Extra dictionary from main menu.

Sould I do something about the part in bold? (I put it in bold to make it clearer what I'm talking about, it's not like that when I open notepad)
Old 03-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #98
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcina View Post

Sould I do something about the part in bold? (I put it in bold to make it clearer what I'm talking about, it's not like that when I open notepad)
This should be okay, the bold part is just a comment.

The interesting part is the following paragraph starting with "find_base_address" where you can change the replacement character for the space ('\x20’) after "Extra:". But it's completely fine to leave it at its default value.

Removing en from the ExtraLocales line should take care of the "Extra:_en" entries. You should now be back to "English". If not try to reboot your Kobo.

Last edited by taos; 03-30-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #99
sparcina

Now I have just one page of offered dictionary when I touch a word (see my post from 9:10pm), but it still tells me I've got no ru dictionary.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #100
taos
Connoisseur

Can you look up a word if you choose the modified it-en dictionary from the drop-down menu?
Old 03-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #101
sparcina

I just have the first page (see first attached thumbnail at 9:10pm on my previous post way up this page) since I deleted the 'en' and the comma after 'ExtraLocales=ru, en', but now if I add 'en' again and try to check up a word (with any of the Extra:_something), it just tells me it's not installed. Same thing for it-en.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:59 AM   #102
taos
Connoisseur

1. There should be no en in ExtraLocales because its one of the included languages - if you change something in the conf file make sure to restart the Kobo in this case.
2. If - after a restart - you still see "Extra:_en" instead of "English" then something is wrong. Depending on how much you've already done to customize your reader you could either try a factory reset, update to the latest firmware, install the patched software, and then follow again the instructions to add additional dictionaries. Or:
3. Go back to the original it-en dictionary (copy it back, sync it, or download and sideload it).
4. Restart your Kobo. Have a look at the entries in the dictionary dropdown menu: if everything works as expected ("Extra:_ru - English" entry, when you choose it you're either told that it can't find the definition or you're shown it), great. If not:
5. Open the database, choose the dictionary table, remove the entry for the ru-en dictionary completely, save the database, disconnect your Kobo safely and restart it.
6. Can you now use one of the pre-installed dictionaries (especially it-en) again? Are the entries for English actually shown as "English" and not "Extra:_en"? If yes, edit the database to add the line for the new dictionary again, make sure to use exactly "-ru-en" without trailing spaces, make sure that the size is correct, restart your Kobo afterwards. If not:
7. Do a factoty reset and start all over.

Last edited by taos; 03-31-2018 at 03:35 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-31-2018, 07:21 AM   #103
sparcina

Thank you, I'll try!
Old 04-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #104
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Do not use "en". For the Russian-English dictionary, use for exemple "r1".

Patch `Allow searches on Extra dictionaries`: yes

Kobo_ereader.conf: ExtraLocales: r1

Name of dictionary: /.kobo/dict: dicthtml-r1.zip

BD: \.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite use -r1 suffix) and -r1 - Russian-English (name)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #105
Semwize
Guru

Why r1?

ExtraLocales=ru

dicthtml-ru-en.zip
dicthtml-en-ru.zip

KoboReader.sqlite is a cosmetic operation, it is possible and not to change.

Last edited by Semwize; 04-01-2018 at 03:21 PM.