Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #46
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
I added the Croatian locale. Not sure I made the changes correctly for all word forms, though. You may want to double check, Valloric. In many Slavic languages (in Russian, Ukrainian, Czech, and probably in Serbian/Croatian as well) the word forms change depending on the number preceding it.
2 книги, but 5 книг
12 книг
22 книги
I am not sure if it's so complicated in Croatian, but I think there may be something like that. So the best way to make sure I make you a correct menu is to give me the

N books: 1 knjiga/2-4 knjige/5+ knjiga

or something like that. This way I can easily code it up for you. So far for Ukrainian, Czech and Croatian I had to make some guesses with Google Translate, but it was a real pain.

The U.F. image is attached. The ready made image with Russian-East Euro (but not Ukrainian) fonts is here.
Actually yes, and I was worried about that because there was only "1" and "N". In Croatian, the first four numbers have specific word forms. So: 1, 2, 3, 4 and any number that ends in those four digits will have the same word form as if they were 1, 2, 3, 4. Numbers that end in any other digit will have the neutral form, that is the form of the number 1. Usually, numbers 2, 3, 4 share the same specific form. Also, sometimes the 5+ numbers have their own form, for instance the word "objekt".

Again, this worried me, but I didn't want to step on your toes by being all pedantic seeing how your spending all this time on incorporating these translations. I'm glad that I was wrong and that you care about being completely accurate. I don't remember the last time a Croatian software translation had accurate word forms for numbers.

Here are the more specific translations:

Code:
"1 stranica"
"2-4 stranice"
"5-N stranica"
"1 objekt"
"2-4 objekta"
"5-N objekata"
"1 pjesma"
"2-4 pjesme"
"5-N pjesama"
"1 označena stranica"
"2-4 označene stranice"
"5-N označenih stranica"
"1 knjiga"
"2-4 knjige"
"5-N knjiga"
"1 kolekcija"
"2-4 kolekcije"
"5-N kolekcija"
"1 slika"
"2-4 slike"
"5-N slika"
"1 alat"
"2-N alata"

Last edited by Valloric; 08-26-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: small error
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #47
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, here it is, with Italian and corrected Croatian menus.

Or you can download a ready-made image with full Cyrillic+East Euro fonts.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localize_Reader_En_Fr_Es_De_It_Ru_Pl_Uk_Cz_Nl_Hr.zip (238.9 KB, 475 views)

Last edited by porkupan; 08-26-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: added image link
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 02:47 AM   #48
salvatore.donati
salvo-siste-mista
salvatore.donati began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Well, here it is, with Italian and corrected Croatian menus.

Or you can download a ready-made image with full Cyrillic+East Euro fonts.
My e-Books reader is most beautiful, now!!

Thanks a lot for your work, porkupan!!!
salvatore.donati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #49
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Hi,
Here is Lithuanian locale:
// Pavadinimai
"Knygos pagal pavadinimą"
"Knygos pagal autorių"
"Knygos pagal data"
"Kolekcijos"
"Visos žymės"
"Audio"
"Vaizdai"
"Nustatymai"
"Istorija"
"Žymės"
"Turinys"
"Veiksniai"
"Ypatingi nustatymai"
"Orientacija"
"Data ir laikas"
"Automatinis vaizdų keitimas"
"Užmigimas"
"Apie"
"Atstatyti pirminius nustatymus"
"Užrakinti prietaisą"
"Formatuoti vidinę atmintį"
"Visiškas išjungimas"

// Meniu punktai
"Tęsti skaitymą"
"Knygos pagal pavadinimą"
"Knygos pagal autorių"
"Knygos pagal data"
"Kolekcijos"
"Visos žymės"
"Dabar groja"
"Audio"
"Vaizdai"
"Nustatymai"
"Istorija"
"Žymės"
"Turinys"
"Veiksmai"
"Ypatingi nustatymai"
"Orientacija"
"Data ir laikas"
"Automatinis vaizdų keitimas"
"Užmigimas"
"Apie"
"Užrakinti prietaisą"
"Visiškas išjungimas"
"Pradžia"
"Pabaiga"
"Apie"
"Nuimti visas žymes"
"Išvalyti istoriją"
"Ištrinti knygą"
"Kitos"
"Šiandien"
"Šią savaitę"
"Praeitą savaitę"
"Šį mėnesį"
"Praeitą mėnesį"
"Šį ketvirtį"
"Praeitą ketvirtį"
"Šiais metais"
"Praeitais metais"
"Ankščiau"
"Nėra puslapio"
"Nėra"
"Nėra dainų"
"Nėra žymių"
"Nėra knygų"
"Nėra kolekcijų"
"Nėra vaizdų"
"Nėra veiksnių"
"1 puslapis"
"1 vienetas"
"1 daina"
" 1 žymė"
"1 knyga"
"1 kolekcija"
"1 vaizdas"
"1 veiksnys"
"N puslapiai"
"N vienetai"
"N dainos"
"N žymės"
"N knygos"
"N kolekcijos"
"N vaizdai"
"N veiksniai"
"N nustatymai"
"Kita"
"Vertikali"
"Horizontali"
"Taip"
"Ne"

// Įvairus pranešimai
"Išjungti prietaisą"
"Apie"
"X iš Y"
"1 iš1"
"Ištrinti knygą"
"Dabar groja"
"Puslapis"
"Baterija išseko"
"Formatuojama.."
"Kraunasi"

// USB pranešimai
"USB pajungtas"
"Neatjunginėti"
"Prietaisas užrakintas"
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #50
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Here is the new U.F. package, to which I added the Lithuanian locale (actually, I incorporated stasys's changes with a minor fix for "Books by Title").

I also fixed the "Low Battery!" warning, which had not been working 100% correctly in all locales (a fix to applicationStart.xml).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localize_Reader_En_Fr_Es_De_It_Ru_Pl_Uk_Cz_Nl_Hr_Lt.zip (240.2 KB, 422 views)
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #51
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Post Lithuanian locale

I have posted my translation in PRSCustomizer thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
I have added Lithuanian language to mtemplate2 (v0.05a). I hope to see it in the next official release.

Including date/time format, grammatical number (plural forms) and some number-word placement.

Stasys, could you revise my version. It is a little different from your suggested translation.

Attachment: Attachment 15908

- Domas
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #52
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
I have posted my translation in PRSCustomizer thread.
Domas, thanks for the great work! Just fyi, I don't merge any localization until porkupan has vetted & approved it.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #53
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Domas, thanks for the great work! Just fyi, I don't merge any localization until porkupan has vetted & approved it.
Jeff, you should probably add a note to the first post of the PRSC thread notifying people that if they want to add their own localizations, they should contact porkupan in this thread.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #54
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Jeff, you should probably add a note to the first post of the PRSC thread notifying people that if they want to add their own localizations, they should contact porkupan in this thread.
I'll do that, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #55
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Update 2008.09.24:
Modified fonts put in download section - on some computers BD was loading book with right Lithuanian characters
First message:

Porkupan has added two fixes to xml modified by me. Discussion on Lithuanian localization now goes here http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=175560#175560
You can use use Google translation to follow up.

In mean time I have noticed that some Polish letters in font table are at same place where Lithuanin ones. Solution is to use in fontset original Sony font and modified one. Since I prefer fonts without serifs (like Arial) - here is the full package containing flasher, fontset and settings for BookDesigner.

Put unpacked flasher (thanks again, porkupan!) to SD card root, fileset put to ..\Sony\Reader\Data\fonts, settings put to ..\Book Designer 4.0\Tools\Reader\Settings. Flash image. When making books in BookDesigners, load ether EN_LT_RU_01.rst or EN_PL_CZ_RU_01.rst . For Lithuanian books use Czech book language settings in BookDesigner. For books in other languages use "auto" or corresponding language name.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EN_LT_RU_01.zip (450 Bytes, 648 views)
File Type: zip EN_PL_CZ_RU_01.zip (460 Bytes, 575 views)
File Type: zip Localize_Reader_No_serif_fonts_En_Fr_Es_De_It_Ru_Pl_Uk_Cz_Nl_Hr_Lt_01.zip (642.3 KB, 635 views)
File Type: zip Fonts_no_serif_En_Fr_Es_De_It_Ru_Pl_Uk_Cz_Nl_Hr_Lt_01.zip (280.7 KB, 1003 views)

Last edited by stasys; 09-24-2008 at 03:26 PM.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #56
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Hi, Porkupan

I feel rather selfish asking for more after so much work, but having already over 10 languages to localize, is there an easy way we could pick just the localizations we want? If not, forget it.

And thanks again for your efforts.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #57
Jeeves
Jeeves has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS 505
Come on, guys, so many European languages and I couldn't see even mentioned Bulgarian... so let's make the translation:
//Заглавия
"Книги по Заглавие"
"Книги по Автор"
"Книги по Дата"
"Колекции"
"Всички Отметки"
"Аудио"
"Картинки"
"Настройки"
"История"
"Отметки"
"Съдържание"
"Помощни Средства"
"Разширени Настройки"
"Насочване"
"Дата и час"
"Слайдшоу"
"Заспиване"
"За..."
"Върни основните настройки"
"Заключване на Уреда"
"Форматиране на вътрешната памет"
"Изключване на Уреда"

Меню Номера
"Продължи Четенето"
"Книги по Заглавие"
"Книги по Автор"
"Книги по Дата"
"Колекции"
"Всички Отметки"
"Аудио"
"Картинки"
"Настройки"
"История"
"Отметки"
"Съдържание"
"Помощни Средства"
"Разширени Настройки"
"Насочване"
"Дата и час"
"Слайдшоу"
"Заспиване"
"За..."
"Върни първоначалните настройки"
"Заключване на Уреда"
"Форматиране на вътрешната памет"
"Изключване на Уреда"
"Начало"
"Край"
"Информация"
"Премахни Всички Отметки"
"Изчисти Историята"
"Изтрий Книгата"
"Други"
"Днес"
"По-рано Тази Седмица"
"Миналата Седмица"
"По-рано Този Месец"
"Миналия Месец"
"По-рано Това Тримесечие"
"Миналото Тримесечие"
"По-рано Тази Година"
"Миналата Година"
"По-стари"
"Няма Такава Страница"
"Няма Такъв Номер"
"Нямата Такава Песен"
"Няма Такава Отметка"
"Няма Такава Книга"
"Няма Такава Колекция"
"Няма Такава Картинка"
"Няма Такова Помощно Средство"
"1 страница"
"1 номер"
"1 песен"
"1 отметка"
"1 книга"
"1 колекция"
"1 картинка"
"1 помощно средство"
"N страници"
"N номера"
"N песни"
"N отметки"
"N книги"
"N колекции"
"N картинки"
"N помощни средства"
"N настройки"
"Други"
"Вертикала"
"Хоризонтала"
"Изключено"
"Включено"

//Сборни Стрингове
"Изключване на Уреда"
"За..."
"Х от У"
"1 от 1"
"Изтрий Книгата"
"Форматирай Вътрешната Памет"
"Върни първоначалните настройки"
"Сега Свири"
"СТРАНИЦА"
"Пада Батерията!"
"Форматиране..."
"Зареждане..."

//Usb Свързани Стрингове
"USB Свързан"
"Не Прекъсвай Връзката"
"Уредът е Заключен"

I hope you'll add this local menu to the rest of 'em.
Thanks guys, and enjoy Bulgarians
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #58
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Hi, Porkupan

I feel rather selfish asking for more after so much work, but having already over 10 languages to localize, is there an easy way we could pick just the localizations we want? If not, forget it.

And thanks again for your efforts.
I've been mulling this over too.

I know how I'd do it in PRSCustomizer. I'd set up each phrase as a replaceable string: IOW "Settings" would be "$settings." If the localization requested was Bulgarian, I'd simply replace $settings with whatever word = Settings in Bulgarian. The translations would be stored in external text files, so adding localizations should be easy. This would require a main.xml with only one localization as a base.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #59
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I've been mulling this over too.

I know how I'd do it in PRSCustomizer. I'd set up each phrase as a replaceable string: IOW "Settings" would be "$settings." If the localization requested was Bulgarian, I'd simply replace $settings with whatever word = Settings in Bulgarian. The translations would be stored in external text files, so adding localizations should be easy. This would require a main.xml with only one localization as a base.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #60
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Those thumbs belong to Porkupan, not me

This should go without saying, but anyway, I'd feel most comfortable working with a single-localization main.xml that Porkupan has vetted or created. Localization is his baby, all I've done is merge his work into PRSCustomizer.