Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Glowlight+ on sale for $99 at Barnes and Noble this weekend

They're already sold on at bn.com, but the web site gave me the option to reserve one at the store. So I did. I got a text that the nook could not be found. Thinking the store ran out, I went online to reserve it at another store. I saw that the original store had it in stock and reserved it there again.

10 minutes later I get a text telling that they the item could not be found and then my phone rings. It's my local Barnes and Noble. Woman tells me they have them in stock, but can't reserve them because they're on sale.

She tells me she can sell it to me over the phone and then I can pick it up whenever I want. I pay for it over the phone and then drove over to the store to pick it up about an hour ago.

Now just need to find a good hiding spot so my wife doesn't find it before Christmas.

If you're trying to get the Glowlight+ on sale, don't bother reserving it. It will fail. Just call the store and pay for it over the phone. Then go pick it up at your convenience.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
This is on a store by store basis, some stores will hold it, some wont. Calling is probably the best thing to do though.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Deals/Freebies forum.....where these types of threads belong.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote