Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #406
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Oh wait. Looking more closely at the initial request, I see that it was for the cover to be shown when the device is sleeping. I don't think I can do that. My hack only causes the cover to be shown when the device is powered off, because that can be controlled via the System Settings. I don't see any setting for sleep image in my settings.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #407
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
Another feature request (it's complex and taking time, so no expectation here):
Is it possible to have thumbnail views (2x2, 3x3, or 4x4) to make browsing to/looking for specific scene/page easier.

Slightly unrelated:
I tried to rename an epub file to cbz and the library listing still doesn't use the cover image as thumbnail. So I guess there is no way of having library thumbnail using file named .cbz , even if the actual file is actually an epub.

Last edited by trewelu; 10-03-2016 at 10:04 PM.
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #408
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu View Post
Another feature request (it's complex and taking time, so no expectation here):
Is it possible to have thumbnail views (2x2, 3x3, or 4x4) to make browsing to/looking for specific scene/page easier.

Slightly unrelated:
I tried to rename an epub file to cbz and the library listing still doesn't use the cover image as thumbnail. So I guess there is no way of having library thumbnail using file named .cbz , even if the actual file is actually an epub.
The thumbnail feature sounds like a lot of work, and it would probably be pretty slow on these devices. So, I doubt I would ever get around to coding it up. Have you tried using the Contents menu to choose pages? It shows the filenames and directory structure, and those are sometimes useful at least for selecting chapters.

I don't think the library software knows how to handle cbz/cbr files in terms of cover images. So, changing the file extension to cbz probably wouldn't make it more likely for a cover image to be generated. Does your epub have a cover defined in it? It should have worked if that was the case.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:58 AM   #409
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't see how to control the light level from the API they provide, so I don't think it would be simple to do. I think you can control it via the status bar, which you can bring up in the program, so I think I'll leave it at that. I believe that either coolreader or koreader can control the light level, so I might look in there later for some clues, but I don't think it will be soon. No time.
I take a quicklook on the coolreader source and the pocketbook sdk source. Look like there is an api for that.

https://github.com/pocketbook-free/S...rontlightState

https://github.com/pocketbook-free/S...tate&type=Code

That's probably the best I can do to help.

PS: how to install the custom sdk you mentioned on your page? I would like to play around a bit if I have time. Though I'm not really good with C++
Old 10-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #410
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
If I remember correctly this works only for FW5

inkinternal.h (SDK_481)
PHP Code:
/*
* Returns frontlight state (0-100 - brightness, negative value if off)
* returns INT_MIN if can't read or not supported
*/
int GetFrontlightState(void);

/*
* Sets frontlight state (0-100 - brightness, negative value if off)
*/
void SetFrontlightState(int flstate);

/*
* Sets frontlight state (0-100 - brightness, negative value if off)
* temporary for use when about to keylock and this value should not be stored
*/
void SetFrontlightStateEx(int flstateint temporary);

/*
* If supported open special application
*/
void OpenFrontLightConfig();

/*
On/off FrontLight
*/
void SwitchFrontlightState(); 

CR3 implementation
PHP Code:
virtual bool onClientTouch(lvPoint &ptCRGUITouchEventType evType)
{

// TOUCH DOWN

if( evType == CRTOUCH_DOWN ) {

finger1.start.pt.x;

finger1.start.pt.y;

touchPointing 1;
    }

// RELEASE / LONG TAP

else if (CRTOUCH_UP == evType || CRTOUCH_DOWN_LONG == evType) {...}

// MULTI
    #if defined(POCKETBOOK_PRO) && !defined(POCKETBOOK_PRO_PRO2)

else if (CRTOUCH_MULTI_TOUCH == evType && touchPointing && max(pt.x,pt.y) > 2) {...}

#endif

// DRAG
    #ifdef POCKETBOOK_PRO_FW5

else if( evType == CRTOUCH_MOVE && touchPointing == ) {

// VERTICAL

if( abs(finger1.start.x-pt.x) < abs(finger1.start.y-pt.y) ) {

int front_light_swipes_mode CRPocketBookDocView::instance->getProps()->getIntDef(PROP_CTRL_FRONT_LIGHT_SWIPES2);

if( 
front_light_swipes_mode == ) {

setFrontLightValue(

/* bottom to top */

100 -

/* value (%) */

(

100 *
                        (

/* touch point (PX) */

pt.-

/* offset (PX) used to center the region */

ScreenHeight() * FRONTLIGHT_SWIPE_USABLE_SCREEN_HEIGHT 2

)
                        /

/* usable screen (PX) */

ScreenHeight() * FRONTLIGHT_SWIPE_USABLE_SCREEN_HEIGHT )
                    )
                    );

ignoreNextTouchRelease true;
            }
            else if( 
front_light_swipes_mode == ) {

setFrontLightValue(

getFrontLightValue() -

/* value (%) */

(

100 *
                        (

/* step height (PX) */

pt.finger1.start.y

)
                        /

/* usable screen (PX) */

ScreenHeight() * FRONTLIGHT_SWIPE_USABLE_SCREEN_HEIGHT )
                    )
                    );

finger1.start.pt.y;

ignoreNextTouchRelease true;
            }
            return 
true;
        }

// HORIZONTALY

else {

}

}

#endif

return false;

Last edited by brucelee; 10-04-2016 at 08:46 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #411
marian42
marian42 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 840
Quote:
Oh wait. Looking more closely at the initial request, I see that it was for the cover to be shown when the device is sleeping. I don't think I can do that. My hack only causes the cover to be shown when the device is powered off, because that can be controlled via the System Settings. I don't see any setting for sleep image in my settings.
Hi rkomar,

sorry for my misleading terminology. To be honest I was not sure how to describe what I wanted and I see that I did not use correct definition / terminology.

But generally I was talking about power-off image. So if the work-around for power-off image could be implemented without any big complications, it would be very nice feature.
marian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #412
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian42 View Post
Hi rkomar,

sorry for my misleading terminology. To be honest I was not sure how to describe what I wanted and I see that I did not use correct definition / terminology.

But generally I was talking about power-off image. So if the work-around for power-off image could be implemented without any big complications, it would be very nice feature.
In that case, you are in luck. The feature is already implemented, and will be part of the next release. I'm still adding the touch navigation lock. There were a couple of other features suggested recently that I was going to look at first, as well. After that, we'll need to wait for the volunteer translators to get their work done. So, it will probably be at least another week before the next release.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #413
rkomar
Wizard

Thanks for the info, @brucelee. Unfortunately, pbimageviewer covers many firmware versions, and including code for specific versions is a pain. Another problem is that every gesture I can easily code is already being used for something else in the program. I would need to think up another way of setting the light level that is still less work than pulling up the status bar and launching the light controller from there. Maybe I'll just try launching the light controller on tapping the top-middle zone. That way, I won't have to implement any controls for it myself, nor add any menu items that need to be translated.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #414
trewelu
Enthusiast

The one I read typically have 16-20 pages a chapter, and 9-11 chapter per volume. Assuming I use a volume zip with approximately 200 pages, will it cause any performance issue? How about per 10 books (2000 images a zip)?
Old 10-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #415
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
The one I read typically have 16-20 pages a chapter, and 9-11 chapter per volume. Assuming I use a volume zip with approximately 200 pages, will it cause any performance issue? How about per 10 books (2000 images a zip)?
200 pages is okay, but 2000 might be slow, depending on the type of archive. cbz/zip might still be fast enough because it is indexed, but cbr/rar will probably be somewhat slower. The fastest is cbt/tar (no compression) using the 7z.so library. Using zip or rar without compression would probably speed things up, as well. cb7/7zip would be dreadfully slow on big files.

Large numbers of images would make the Table of Contents very large, as well, and harder to navigate in.

The best advice is to just try it and see.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:11 AM   #416
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
PS: how to install the custom sdk you mentioned on your page? I would like to play around a bit if I have time. Though I'm not really good with C++
Now that I think about it, I don't think you can. The last time Sergey Vlasov released a version of his SDK was about four or five years ago. It was only capable of building for firmware version 4 and earlier. PocketBook has released an SDK for firmware version 5, but Sergey no longer does the conversion. Last time, I did it myself, but it was a lot of work, and it's too big for me to distribute from my ftp site. It would probably be best to create a cmake file for the project that would work with the latest SDK. However, I'm not comfortable with cmake even though I am with make.

If you're comfortable with cmake, perhaps you can create the files yourself. If so, I would be willing to include them with the source code, so that it would be easier for others to build it. I'm also willing to give you whatever help I can for that. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:57 AM   #417
marian42
marian42 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 840
Quote:
In that case, you are in luck. The feature is already implemented, and will be part of the next release. I'm still adding the touch navigation lock. There were a couple of other features suggested recently that I was going to look at first, as well. After that, we'll need to wait for the volunteer translators to get their work done. So, it will probably be at least another week before the next release.
Unbelievable! Thank you very much for your work.

marian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #418
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
If you're comfortable with cmake, perhaps you can create the files yourself. If so, I would be willing to include them with the source code, so that it would be easier for others to build it. I'm also willing to give you whatever help I can for that. PM me if you are interested.
If you're willing to wait until tomorrow I'll give you the source working with this SDK.

I've already built it for FW5 but I'll have to commit the SDK changes and make the build script work with all 4 build types just like CR3.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #419
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
If you're willing to wait until tomorrow I'll give you the source working with this SDK.

I've already built it for FW5 but I'll have to commit the SDK changes and make the build script work with all 4 build types just like CR3.
That sounds good. Keep in mind that you need some external libraries and header files, which I include here http://www3.telus.net/rkomar/pbimage...rebuilt.tar.gz.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #420
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
That sounds good. Keep in mind that you need some external libraries and header files, which I include here http://www3.telus.net/rkomar/pbimage...rebuilt.tar.gz.
That's why I have to commit the SDK changes. I've included them there. Unfortunately what I've done is in my work PC so I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow. (I mean I could but I'm too lazy to do the same thing again )

Last edited by brucelee; 10-05-2016 at 05:20 PM.