Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
arcegabriel
arcegabriel began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Calibre Companion for Windows

Hi,
I am new to Calibre. I just set it up at home on a Windows 10 machine and it is awesome. I also installed calibre companion and can now retrieve books from my Android (including when I am away from home over cellular!).
I have a question, I have another windows 10 PC that I want to have access to the library (much the like calibre companion does including outside my home network).
Can this be done? Thanks for your help and patience.
arcegabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Desktop Calibre includes a server feature, which provides ability to access a calibre library via a browser (over a network) - have a look in Preferences->Sharing over the Net, press Start Server, and when it's ready press Test Server.

Version 3.0 of calibre will include a new version of calibre server, it's in beta testing, see ==>> Beta testers for calibre 3.0 needed. At a guess I'd say it will be released within a week or two, max; or even a day or two, maybe even today

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 12:28 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The content server does not care where you are.
It is your Router that blocks (and protects), your network.

If CC can connect to the Content server fro outside, any browser can. just enter the public IP of the router Colon port_number
eg
www.my-domain.com:8080
123.45.67.89:8080
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:48 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Once the new calibre server is out of beta not long before we have front ends that allows to connect to the server from different pcs to manage the calibre database. Irc correctly I think that is in Kovid's long term plan. Where you have a calibre server installed and can connect to it from different pc and devices to manage your calibre database.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote