Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-21-2015, 01:04 AM   #1
phcaan
phcaan is on a distinguished road

Device: Google Nexus 7
Calibre Companion and windows 10

I have a computer with windows 8.1 on it and calibre connects with the calibre companion on my Nexus 7 perfectly. I have a new computer with windows 10 on it and try as I might I can not get calibre companion on my nexus 7 to connect with the calibre on my windows 10 computer. Any ideas?
phcaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:34 AM   #2
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by phcaan View Post
I have a computer with windows 8.1 on it and calibre connects with the calibre companion on my Nexus 7 perfectly. I have a new computer with windows 10 on it and try as I might I can not get calibre companion on my nexus 7 to connect with the calibre on my windows 10 computer. Any ideas?
Just the normal ones: firewall, the win10 network is public instead of private, the two computers are using different connection methods (cable vs wifi, different wifi bands) and the router is blocking the connection to the win10 machine, the A/V on the win10 machine is blocking connections, etc.

Have you gone through the steps in our connection FAQ on the win10 machine?

Last edited by chaley; 08-21-2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: fix link
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phcaan View Post
Please tell us what version of W10, it might help nail down.
How is the Host connected: Wired or ALSO WiFi

CC on W10pro x64 (upgrade from W7pro) Wired, works without any fussing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Just the normal ones: firewall, the win10 network is public instead of private, the two computers are using different connection methods (cable vs wifi, different wifi bands) and the router is blocking the connection to the win10 machine, the A/V on the win10 machine is blocking connections, etc.

Have you gone through the steps in our connection FAQ on the win10 machine?
I think you mean this:
http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/index.p...d=7&artlang=en

Not the admin-only editentry link.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote