Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #1141
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Version 2.47.0 - 01 Oct 2021

Disable SSL certificate verification to avoid occasional problems in accessing libraries caused by expired certificates.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #1142
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2021, 12:21 AM   #1143
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Exclamation

Since the latest update, I've been getting the following error.

Code:
Search job failure: ValueError('Unknown provider id: ocd') 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 277, in lending_library_search_process
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 445, in lending_library_search
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 722, in match_library_and_calibre_books
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.match", line 456, in match_book_lists
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.book", line 192, in book_link_keys
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.link", line 113, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.library", line 77, in validate_provider_id
ValueError: Unknown provider id: ocd
I tried a few variations and I found that the error occurs with "search for books by selected authors" but not with "search for selected books." It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm searching libraries or Amazon.

Let me know if there's any other info you need to help track down the bug. Thanks!
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:06 AM   #1144
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Since the latest update, I've been getting the following error.

Code:
Search job failure: ValueError('Unknown provider id: ocd') 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 277, in lending_library_search_process
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 445, in lending_library_search
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 722, in match_library_and_calibre_books
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.match", line 456, in match_book_lists
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.book", line 192, in book_link_keys
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.link", line 113, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.library", line 77, in validate_provider_id
ValueError: Unknown provider id: ocd
I tried a few variations and I found that the error occurs with "search for books by selected authors" but not with "search for selected books." It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm searching libraries or Amazon.

Let me know if there's any other info you need to help track down the bug. Thanks!
Oops. I removed support for the now defunct rbdigital service but I failed to take into account that the presence of links left over from prior searches can cause new searches to fail. I will release a fix in about a week. In the meantime you can use the Check and repair book links plugin menu choice to eliminate the problem links.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #1145
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
In the meantime you can use the Check and repair book links plugin menu choice to eliminate the problem links.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2021, 07:25 PM   #1146
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I think there is a problem with locating Kindle Unlimited with Narration. I am getting a lot of false positives. Pretty much every book I am finding that has "with narration" isn't available that way.

The books may have audible or whispersync available, but they aren't Kindle Unlimited with Narration.

I checked on specific books that I removed the links, re-ran the plugin on and then found that it still showed it having #kuwn.

Every book I am checking shows that they don't have kuwn
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #1147
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also...
Is there a way of limiting the number of calls to Amazon the plugin does? If I am checking for ONE book or ONE author to Amazon for Ku, Whispersync, Audible, Purchase,Prime, KUWN the plugin hits Amazon a lot of times at once for the same book - or more books it seems. Amazon has blocked my ip from their servers. I think if the plugin was to be able to limit the time between calls or something? I don't know, but Amazon isn't playing with me anymore unless I use another ip address.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #1148
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I think there is a problem with locating Kindle Unlimited with Narration. I am getting a lot of false positives. Pretty much every book I am finding that has "with narration" isn't available that way.
I will look into the plugin issues you raised as soon as I can. It will be at least a few days before I have some free time.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #1149
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
I don't know, but Amazon isn't playing with me anymore unless I use another ip address.
Depending on your ISP, if you can access your modem, turning it off for around five minutes and then turning it back on may get you a new IP address.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:53 PM   #1150
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Depending on your ISP, if you can access your modem, turning it off for around five minutes and then turning it back on may get you a new IP address.
Yeah, I did that, and I know that my ISP has changed, but I think Amazon is using some other info, like my router info or something, because no matter how I change it up using my computer or router, it only works if I use another hot spot. So, it's connected to something static around my internet.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:16 AM   #1151
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.48.0 - 17 Oct 2021

Prevent search failure if some books contain links to a library provider that is no longer supported, such as RBDigital. (Fixes "ValueError: Unknown provider id: ocd")

Fix search for Kindle Unlimited with Narration books returning extra incorrect results. (Extra links produced by previous version of this plugin can be removed by changing the plugin configuration using "Customize plugin" in the plugin menu so that only the lending library entry for Kindle Unlimited with Narration is enabled, selecting the books to be fixed, and choosing "Unlink selected books"/"Unlink books from enabled libraries" in the plugin menu.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:25 AM   #1152
njpig
Connoisseur
njpig began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite3/Oasis2
Quote:
The problem in accessing OverDrive libraries via this plugin is apparently caused by an expired Let's Encrypt certificate used by OverDrive. For some reason an associated expired intermediate certificate has been left behind causing problems with creating a secure connection via Python and therefore calibre under Windows 11.

I was able to resolve this problem on my system by doing the following:
  • Click in the Windows search box in the task bar and enter certmgr.msc to open the certificate manager for the current user.
  • In the left panel select Certificates under Intermediate Certification Authorities.
  • In the right pane scroll down to R3. Double click to open it and note that the Valid from/to dates are both in the past.
  • Click OK to close the dialog.
  • Press DEL to delete the R3 entry.
  • Select YES to confirm deletion.
  • Close certmgr.
After deletion, how to install it back?
njpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:44 AM   #1153
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njpig View Post
After deletion, how to install it back?
You can refresh the certificates related to a website on a Windows system by opening the website using either the Edge browser or Internet Explorer.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #1154
Rellwood

Quote:
Version 2.48.0 - 17 Oct 2021

Prevent search failure if some books contain links to a library provider that is no longer supported, such as RBDigital. (Fixes "ValueError: Unknown provider id: ocd")

Fix search for Kindle Unlimited with Narration books returning extra incorrect results. (Extra links produced by previous version of this plugin can be removed by changing the plugin configuration using "Customize plugin" in the plugin menu so that only the lending library entry for Kindle Unlimited with Narration is enabled, selecting the books to be fixed, and choosing "Unlink selected books"/"Unlink books from enabled libraries" in the plugin menu.
Hi,

I am not sure if I understand the new rules about the Kindle Unlimited with Voice. Am I supposed to only check that specific thing if I am searching, while keeping Kindle Unlimited unchecked? Then, I am supposed to re-do the check again for Kindle Unlimited if I want to see if its there? So...checking twice? I must be mistaken.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #1155
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hi,

I am not sure if I understand the new rules about the Kindle Unlimited with Voice. Am I supposed to only check that specific thing if I am searching, while keeping Kindle Unlimited unchecked? Then, I am supposed to re-do the check again for Kindle Unlimited if I want to see if its there? So...checking twice? I must be mistaken.
You can have both selected during a search. The instructions I gave are to get rid of any incorrect Kindle Unlimited with Narration links created by prior versions of this plugin.

Tags
id=model, overdrive