Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
dmruxton
dmruxton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calibre error message when opening title

Hi,

When I double-click on a title in Calibre, I get a popup error message with the following info. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Using Windows XP, version 0.7.38 of Calibre.

TIA, Duncan

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 1155] No application is associated with the specified file for this operation: 'c:\\docume~1\\admini~1\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0 .7.38_tmp_drrfww\\calibre_0.7.38_vzwcd1_viewer_'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 302, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 57, in book_downloaded_for_viewing
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 80, in _view_file
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 71, in _launch_viewer
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 668, in open_local_file
WindowsError: [Error 1155] No application is associated with the specified file for this operation: 'c:\\docume~1\\admini~1\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0 .7.38_tmp_drrfww\\calibre_0.7.38_vzwcd1_viewer_'
dmruxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what format of file are you trying to view?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
dmruxton
dmruxton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi,

Any of the free book files that came on the Kobo. I saved one to disk and it looks like it saves as a file with a Windows ID for filename and no file extension/type, so I can see why the error now. Opened with a hex viewer and found a mimetype string saying epub+zip so I opened with 7zip. Is there a file extension that will tell Calibre how to handle these so I can save and rename?

Awesome application by the way, although I've just started using it. Thanks.

Duncan
dmruxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC the kobo uses a special format for its free books, but I don;t remember the details, you'll get more help in the Kobo forum.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote