Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #1
normaprice
normaprice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Utilities Question

I'm new to the forum but I have been using Calibre for several years and love it. I have a Kobo Aura and just downloaded the Kobo Utilities. I was hoping to move the reading status from the device library to the Calibre library. Is that possible? I've read several posts and tried different things but I am just not having any luck and am more confused than ever.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Norma
normaprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:35 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you read the help? It is explained there. I suggest read that and then asking questions about any problems you have.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #3
normaprice
normaprice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thank you D avid! I finally got it working sort of but will still play around with it to get it to be exactly what I want.
I added the columns and got the percent read working then I built a another column from that column to have it show "Finished" if at 100, but I would like to add "Im Reading" if less than 100 and more than 1. I have to figure out how to put it in the template.
normaprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A template like that is not to hard, and I have something like it. But, I use a column icons overlaying the progress column instead of a separate column. Mine is a little more complicated as it use two columns. As well as the percent read, I have a column for status. As well as the actual reading status ("toRead", "reading" and "Finished"), it has things like the story status ("incomplete" and "inprogress" which is usually for stories downloaded via FanFictionFare to show if the more chapters are expected), "To Rate" to indicate I want to update whatever site with a rating, "Updated" to show it has been changed and needs to be updated on the device. Plus some others depending on what I was thinking at various times. Most of those statuses are maintained using the Reading List plugin.

But, all that just shows I overcomplicate things and should simplify it all. At the very least, I should standardise the case and spacing. Of course, I can think of someone here who makes my setup look simple

For a simpler case, you could use the template:

Code:
program:
   if $#kobo_percent_read >= 100 then 'Finished'
   elif $#kobo_percent_read > 0 then 'Im Reading'
   fi
That will return "Finished" if the reading status is 100 or more, and "Reading" for any other value other than zero.

If you replace the template you have for your column showing "Finished", and use the correct lookup name, that should do what you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura, kobo utilities, reading status