Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-02-2024, 11:26 AM   #1
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Upgrading to 2.1.0 on Pop_OS

Back in January I got Sigil built on my Pop_OS box (With a lot of help--thanks again Kevin) and it has worked flawlessly, so I thought building the upgrade would be no problem. Silly me!

I went through the entire list of dependencies and checked they were there. All were at the latest level except I got these errors on the compat-dev ones (had a problem here back in January as I recall):

Spoiler:
chris@pop-os:~/sigil-build$ sudo apt-get install libqt6corecompat6-dev
[sudo] password for chris:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libqt6corecompat6-dev

chris@pop-os:~/sigil-build$ sudo apt-get install qt6-5compat-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package qt6-5compat-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'qt6-5compat-dev' has no installation candidate
chris@pop-os:~/sigil-build$

But since the prior build worked, I tried cmake anyway, and got the following errors:

Spoiler:
Error from cmake:

chris@pop-os:~$ cd sigil-build
chris@pop-os:~/sigil-build$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../sigil-src
-- CMake version in use: 3.22.1
-- Using older findpython cmake module
-- Using Bundled ZLIB
-- Using Bundled MiniZip
-- Using Bundled Hunspell
-- Using Bundled PCRE2
-- Could NOT find XKB (missing: XKB_LIBRARY XKB_INCLUDE_DIR) (Required is at least version "0.5.0")
-- Could NOT find WrapVulkanHeaders (missing: Vulkan_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Qt6Svg (missing: Qt6Svg_DIR)
CMake Error at src/qt6sigil.cmake:31 (find_package):
Found package configuration file:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6/Qt6Config.cmake

but it set Qt6_FOUND to FALSE so package "Qt6" is considered to be NOT
FOUND. Reason given by package:

Failed to find Qt component "Svg".

Expected Config file at
"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6Svg/Qt6SvgConfig.cmake" does NOT exist

Call Stack (most recent call first):
src/CMakeLists.txt:685 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/chris/sigil-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/chris/sigil-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

I'll also attach the cmake logs.

Any help would be wonderful! TIA

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: txt CMakeError.txt (6.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: txt CMakeOutput.txt (63.6 KB, 27 views)
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Look for a qt6 QtSvg package in your repo.
And a qt6 5compat package. They (or their headers) are missing. Both are part of official Qt6.

I do not know Pop_OS well enough to know your package manager naming schemes.

Perhaps DiapDealer (who helped you before - I was just assisting) can point you in the right direction.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-02-2024 at 11:48 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2024, 11:46 AM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Well that was too easy...I tried searching the Synaptic package manager for anything "qtsvg" and found libqt6svgwidgets6 was not installed. So I installed it, tried again, and now I'm up and running on 2.1.0!

Sorry to have posted all those errors so quickly...

Now to explore the new version.

Edit: you are fast, messages crossed in the vapor...Thanks again.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:49 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad to hear you have it built.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:51 PM   #5
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Switching to the flatpak from Flathub is an option to consider. I run Sigil and Calibre this way on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, they work fine though there is one small hoop to jump through to use ebook-convert from the shell.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2024, 02:05 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

And the flatpak has issues with using "Open With" to open specific files in other editors, and some problems running some standard plugins that use the clipboard tools, and issues with any plugins that launch or use executables or shared libraries, etc...

But not everyone uses that functionality ...

Building your own (if you are able) is still always the best bet.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-02-2024 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:52 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I run OpenSuse Tumbleweed in a VM. Running anything from a flatpak sandbox that needs to interact with other programs turned into a total PITA. I originally tried calibre from a flatpak and after a couple of days, I switched to using the install command line version. Sigil was not as bad in terms of broken functionality but I ended up building my own. Takes me back to the "good old days" of running Linux from floppies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:28 PM   #8
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Code:
flatpak --command="bash" run com.calibre_ebook.calibre
And now you can do your command line Calibre stuff without problems. But yes, if you're trying to use flatpaks with anything outside of the packages? That's a pain and you have to muck around with Flatseal and permissions and it's just easier to use the native packages at that point.

Still a lot better than Snap packages. Those are the worst.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote