Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Can't Get Marvin working with iPhone 6 or iPad Air

Hi -
I am using IOS 8 here and have been unable to get Marvin working with Calibre 2.3.0 using either my iPhone 6 or my iPad Air. I am using the two latest plug-ins of Marvin HD and IOS Reader Apps in Calibre.

The iPhone 6 is not seen at all by Calibre. When it is plugged in and I try to get books from Calibre neither plug-in shows in the Calibre toolbar. On the iPad Air when I try to get books from Calibre I immediately receive an error message that Calibre cannot communicate with the device right after both plugin icons do appear. I have removed and reinstalled the plugins to no effect. I have trashed and reinstalled the Calibre app to no effect. I have removed and reinstalled from the cloud my Marvin app with the same no effect.

On the iPad Air the error dialog does contain a log which I append below. I hope someone is listening?

Here's the log (which I did post in a different thread some days ago).

calibre, version 2.3.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 502, in _books
File "/var/folders/nq/r6f7vccx4rxcztgqh5z_k2vr0000gn/T/calibre_2.3.0_tmp_n3QUTO/Th4ezG_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 301, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
These errors are nothing to do with Marvin and are to do with the plugins. The issues are being worked on check out the Calibre > Plugins board here on MR there are several threads.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert