Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So ConnSoft will fix things?
There are a few things that ConnSoft does actually fix. This is, indeed, one of them.

My experience from the half-dozen times I've had my Reader reset itself, it seems to revert to the way things were at the last ConnSoft connection, so that's why I think it'll do that for you.

It sounds to me, though, like kovidgoyal's way of getting the cache.xml file off of the reader might very well be an easier way to work with your bookmark list when you get ready to use the info.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
There are a few things that ConnSoft does actually fix. This is, indeed, one of them.

My experience from the half-dozen times I've had my Reader reset itself, it seems to revert to the way things were at the last ConnSoft connection, so that's why I think it'll do that for you.

It sounds to me, though, like kovidgoyal's way of getting the cache.xml file off of the reader might very well be an easier way to work with your bookmark list when you get ready to use the info.
And if I can read the XML to get to the bookmarks and last page read then I won't care about putting it back on. Maybe back it up once a week or every time I go to add or remove a book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
prs500 cp prs500:/Data/database/cache/media.xml .
prs500 cp prs500:b:/Sony Reader/database/cache.xml .
The first retrieves the main in memory database and the second the card database. If you have a stick use a: instead of b:
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll install libprs500 on the laptop and have a go at it. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote