Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I make the PRS-505 sort correctly?

My PRS-505 arrived today, and I rushed to download my first ebook. Neuromancer by William Gibson -- it seemed appropriate. But then when I went to read it, I found that the Sony sorts things by the author's first name! This should not be under W for William, but G for Gibson. How do I convince the reader to do the job properly?
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I'm afraid if you're reading books that are DRM protected, that's just the way it is. For some reason this is the way Sony thinks it should work. Don't know why.

I've gotten used to it, and to make everything consistent on my reader I use first name-last name for my non-DRM'ed books, even though I'd much prefer to sort by last name.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
That's a major pet peeve of mine. So I exclusively use collections to organize books however I see fit. You can make your collections using your sony software and you can put the books in there in whichever order you see fit. So I might have a collection for one author and the books inside ordered in the order the series goes.

Congrats on your new purchase!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Egad... Can I edit the file somehow to change the author's name to "Gibson, William"? This is ridiculous. I've known how to alphabetize names since the first grade. How can Sony not know this??
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #5
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
If you manage to downgrade to firmware 1.0, it sorts according to authorSort field.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert