Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
jimmydee1984
jimmydee1984 began at the beginning.

Device: None
I finally took the plunge!

Having spent what seems like an eternity asking "Sony or Cybook?" and "ereader or carry on reading on my pda?" , I finally made a decision yesterday and bought a shiny new 505!

I've played with the 505 loads in Waterstones before, but it was still 'new' to me when I finally got it home - really comfortable, plenty fast enough for me and very stylish. Overall, really pleased with my decision - my wife will get some peace from the dreaded "What do you think I should get?" question now!

On a side note, I don't think my local Waterstones has sold many readers - despite having several signs proclaiming the "Hottest gift this Christmas" to be back in stock. The assistant who served me seemed quite surprised that I wanted to buy one. It might just be him though...

Thanks for the useful advice and information that I found on the forums, it really helped me make up my mind.
jimmydee1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydee1984 View Post
On a side note, I don't think my local Waterstones has sold many readers - despite having several signs proclaiming the "Hottest gift this Christmas" to be back in stock. The assistant who served me seemed quite surprised that I wanted to buy one. It might just be him though...
It seems rather weird to me that a books store would even sell an eBook reader... since, once you buy it won't be buying books from them any more. I can also understand why a clerk at a book store really wouldn't buy, want or understand anyone else wanting an eBook read. The whole romantic holding of the book blah blah blah crap and all.

Congrats on your new reader. You will love it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jimmydee1984 and congrats on your new reader. I got a 505 last January and really like it a lot
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It seems rather weird to me that a books store would even sell an eBook reader... since, once you buy it won't be buying books from them any more. I can also understand why a clerk at a book store really wouldn't buy, want or understand anyone else wanting an eBook read. The whole romantic holding of the book blah blah blah crap and all.
Borders sells them here. At least this way they get a piece of the market. Ignoring eBooks is not going to make them go away. And then, if they have an online store, you'll possibly buy from there.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Glad you made your choice. I have a Sony 505 and find it a very good reader for electronic books. Hubby bought me the cover with a lightwedge in it and that makes the Sony reader very easy to use in any situation.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert