Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-16-2003, 06:03 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Talking

Well, there it is:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/043...5268270-3722231

I admit, I had always secretly laughed about those people in the trains, cafes, schools etc who held one of these Potter books in their hands. Until I started reading them myself. So I am into fantasy books (Tad Williams, Tolkien, Gaiman, Jordan - just love them), and I also like the Potter book series (but certainly not the movies). Though I have my doubts if the next book can meet up its expectations. We will see, but not before June 21st.....
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I felt the same way, and even had an opportunity to meet JK Rawling at the height of the hoopla when HP was on the cover of Time magazine, etc. I was like, "Who?!" and blew it off.

I obviously regret that.

I started reading the first book for yuks right before the first flick came out, and I got hooked. Despite the fact that they're written for 7 year olds, they are page turners!

And for the record, I happen to think they did a great job with the movies. It's remarkable to see how much older & bigger the kids have gotten between Stone and Chamber.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2003, 01:34 PM   #3
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I haven't gotten very deep into the books, nor into the movies. I guess I'm just not a big fantasy fan. Don't get me wrong, they're well-done, but I haven't gotten interested in the movies. As for the books, a friend of mine is eagerly awaiting the fifth one (Which, oddly enough, comes out on her birthday), but she hasn't managed to convince me to read them.
Sunshine: How did you get the chance to meet J.K. Rawling?
Quote:
It's remarkable to see how much older & bigger the kids have gotten between Stone and Chamber.
It's remarkable to see how much the kids have become America's kids
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:18 AM   #4
zorro_ksig8
zorro_ksig8 is on a distinguished road

I remember I used to make fun of my mother for reading harry potter, then my brother, then my dad... finally they got sick of me lecturing them about reading kids books. They made me swear I would read one, so I did and crap I got hooked. they are so much easier on the mind, and fun than the psychology, and counseling books I am constantly having to keep up with in my profession... anyways, I liked em and am looking forward to reading the next one.
zorro_ksig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:19 AM   #5
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

My professional reading depends on one's view of my profession: I am a student, so I have endless stacks of stuff to read for classes. However, my chosen profession is handheld IT, so I also keep up with handheld news daily. Given stuff like this as comparison subjects, I find that anything with a plot is a refreshing diversion.
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
spooty
spooty began at the beginning.

Device: no
dude, I also used to be a person that thought Harry Potter was a bunch of filthy 9 year olds and a broomstick. My whole family was turned away from ANYTHING having to do with majic. one day me Mum was looking at the first book and opened it.... pretty soon-out of no where- me cousins and aunt, and even me gran was reading it. it's like a virus... a really good virus that is suspence ful and hillarious and-well no monkey like in outbreak- BUT THERE IS AND EVIL MOUSE!!!!!
did any one else think that Harry was a little bit of a jerk in the 5th book?.....

ALSO!!! did any one read the last few pages of the 5th book where the dursley's were talkin' to Mad eye
D-"I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house--"
MMM-"I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley,"growled Moody.
spooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #7
gdgrabey
gdgrabey began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Vx
Audiobook

The audiobook versions are really great - Jim Dale is the reader. 23 hours, but great for a commute.
gdgrabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Re: Audiobook

Quote:
Originally posted by gdgrabey
The audiobook versions are really great - Jim Dale is the reader. 23 hours, but great for a commute.
I listened to book IV in my car. I think it took like 1-2 months before I finished listening to it
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:04 PM   #9
gdgrabey
gdgrabey began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Vx
Under two weeks for me. Commute and walking the dog.
gdgrabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:05 PM   #10
abszsz
abszsz began at the beginning.

Device: 07773918052
audiobook

where can u find the udoi book version?
abszsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 06:36 AM   #11
Hammer
Hammer began at the beginning.

Device: TT
i cant wait for the fifth book in audio format. it is a great time killer in the car
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:57 PM   #12
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Hammer, I don't understand. The audio version came out at the same time as the book. We have already listened to it as marvelously read - like its predecessors - by Jim Dale. radleyp
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:42 AM   #13
MSHRM
MSHRM began at the beginning.

Device: n/1
Thumbs down

You said that you thought that they did a good job with the Harry Potter movies. I thought that the second movie was awful. I actually saw people in the theatre, who read the book, get up and walk out. They left out so much that I haven't bought the movie or seen it again since it left theatres.
MSHRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:56 AM   #14
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Great books it's nice to know that another one in the series is comong out. I will read it on my new zire 71.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #15
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
How did this garbage mind get through? Philippe Radley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
the movies rocked faggot and the next time you think about talking down on the movies don't you stinking fag
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote