Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 07:02 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Need readers for a work-in-progress

Hello:

I just came to Mobileread for one purpose: I need Beta readers for a short novel I'm working on. Like the people who come here with surveys, I don't intend to come back: I just want to use you and then vanish, but I will mention you in a preface-type area. I notice a lot of writer-types use this forum to get help on their very bad cover art, so I thought I would do the same thing, except instead of a lousy cover I could get help on making my lousy short novel a better thing to read. After I finish my novel, I plan to promote it maybe every day, if I have time. I could give you the name of my novel, but I don't want the moderators to get suspicious and stick their busy noses in places they don't belong and think this is spam, cause it's not. This will be our little secret, OK? I have one last question: Can I copyright this post?

Before I go, I will give one clue about my short novel: It has aliens (from Outer Space!), hillbillies (from Arkansas!), a constipated FBI agent, a hero (with ESP powers!), and a heroine (ticklish under her armpits when feathers are applied!). There may be more characters later on.

Oh, and before I forget, I'm an Indie writer, but I don't live there.

Oh, wait: I wanted you to know that I like colons! Not the ones in our bodies, but this kind: :. (That's not an L or Mickey Mouse looking sideways, but a colon and then a period.)

You may PM me if you wish to read the 5 short chapters I already have.*

* = Seriously.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I would help you except for 6 things.*
Your aliens aren't from Mexico, the hillbillies aren't from Tennessee, the FBI guy should be from the CIA and have the runs, the hero can't even read his own mind, and the heroine should be the tickler not the ticklee.
I also don't want credit.

*If you are serious about wanting readers PM me. I did love your shorts.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I would help you except for 6 things.*
Your aliens aren't from Mexico, the hillbillies aren't from Tennessee, the FBI guy should be from the CIA and have the runs, the hero can't even read his own mind, and the heroine should be the tickler not the ticklee.
I also don't want credit.

*If you are serious about wanting readers PM me. I did love your shorts.

You mean short stories!

I'm serious: I'll send along a copy after I finish cooking lunch.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Hello:

I just came to Mobileread for one purpose: I need Beta readers for a short novel I'm working on. Like the people who come here with surveys, I don't intend to come back: I just want to use you and then vanish, but I will mention you in a preface-type area. I notice a lot of writer-types use this forum to get help on their very bad cover art, so I thought I would do the same thing, except instead of a lousy cover I could get help on making my lousy short novel a better thing to read. After I finish my novel, I plan to promote it maybe every day, if I have time. I could give you the name of my novel, but I don't want the moderators to get suspicious and stick their busy noses in places they don't belong and think this is spam, cause it's not. This will be our little secret, OK? I have one last question: Can I copyright this post?

Before I go, I will give one clue about my short novel: It has aliens (from Outer Space!), hillbillies (from Arkansas!), a constipated FBI agent, a hero (with ESP powers!), and a heroine (ticklish under her armpits when feathers are applied!). There may be more characters later on.

Oh, and before I forget, I'm an Indie writer, but I don't live there.

Oh, wait: I wanted you to know that I like colons! Not the ones in our bodies, but this kind: :. (That's not an L or Mickey Mouse looking sideways, but a colon and then a period.)

You may PM me if you wish to read the 5 short chapters I already have.*

* = Seriously.
No. Alex Turic has the copyright. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are doing what I think you are doing, you have a hit on your hands.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:47 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you for the kind words.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Thanks for letting me read it.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Title thoughts needed!

1) ESP People
2) The Attack of the Hillbilly Space Aliens
3) The Attack of the Hillbilly Aliens From Outer Space
4) The Outer Space Aliens who Attacked a Hillbilly
5) Plan 10.3333333333 From Outer Space
6) The Wal-Mart Hillbillies Meet the Space Aliens
7) I was a Hillbilly for the USES-PU Unit
8) That's no Hillbilly: That's an Alien From Outer Space!

I've settled on #2, temporarily, at any rate.

'May the Courtney be with you!'
Old 11-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I like this title...

Slim Whitman and the Martians from Mars (AKA Mars Attacks).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

#8....
Old 11-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I like this title...

Slim Whitman and the Martians from Mars (AKA Mars Attacks).

Unfortunately, Slim Whitman is dead.......unless, he's one of the.......UNDEAD!
Old 11-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Unfortunately, Slim Whitman is dead.......unless, he's one of the.......UNDEAD!
Have you ever seen Mars Attacks?

Spoiler:
He was in the movie even though he's dead. One of his recordings played a very important part in the movie.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you ever seen Mars Attacks?

Spoiler:
He was in the movie even though he's dead. One of his recordings played a very important part in the movie.

I saw it when it first came out, but I realize now that I remember nothing from it!