Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
ntpark
ntpark began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
SDHC won't work on PRS-505

Hi! I'm completely new to e-readers and I just got one yesterday- a nice red PRS-505. However, when I stuck my 4GB SDHC card into the device, it doesn't seem to be recognized by the device at all. I tried a normal SD card and it worked perfectly fine. A Memory Stick Duo works fine as well. But the SDHC card won't work. I can sync books onto the card just fine and I also have my device updated to the latest firmware which should allow SDHC support. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Nathan Park
ntpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #2
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpark View Post
Hi! I'm completely new to e-readers and I just got one yesterday- a nice red PRS-505. However, when I stuck my 4GB SDHC card into the device, it doesn't seem to be recognized by the device at all. I tried a normal SD card and it worked perfectly fine. A Memory Stick Duo works fine as well. But the SDHC card won't work. I can sync books onto the card just fine and I also have my device updated to the latest firmware which should allow SDHC support. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Nathan Park
it works on mine.
did you formatted the card?
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Have you tried the SDHC card by itself in a card reader, or in another device? It may be that card that's the problem, not the Sony Reader.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
ntpark
ntpark began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader

I've tried formatting, but this doesn't work.

Maybe it is the card that's the problem. Unfortunately, I don't have any devices that will take an SDHC card. I'll try to find another device that will take it and see if it works.
ntpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
ehm... weird question maybe, but have you got the newest firmware version? it's only until the last firmware when sdhc cards are supported
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
ehm... weird question maybe, but have you got the newest firmware version? it's only until the last firmware when sdhc cards are supported
after all the Hoopla about SDHC is hardware enabled not software. i seem to hear alot of software "Hacks" to enable SDHC.

with sony though they used to gimp the filesystems on the PSP for some reason. it more than likely did the same thing with the sony reader and thats what the new firmware fixes
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote