Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I recently ordered an Oberon and my shipping notification from Oberon didn't have a tracking number. About 4 or 5 hours later I received an email from the UPS system with my tracking number.

I love my Oberon cover and I frequently find myself on the page lusting after a couple of additional colors and designs. I haven't been able to justify the cost though ... buying multiple outfits for my Kindle.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #17
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
that's one of the fun things about Oberon though... you can think about a journal cover, a portfolio cover, a....
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I recently ordered an Oberon and my shipping notification from Oberon didn't have a tracking number. About 4 or 5 hours later I received an email from the UPS system with my tracking number.

I love my Oberon cover and I frequently find myself on the page lusting after a couple of additional colors and designs. I haven't been able to justify the cost though ... buying multiple outfits for my Kindle.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I received the e-mail on Nov. 30th. (I just edited my original post to reflect that.)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY! My Oberon Roof of Heaven cover just arrived and it is the most beautiful sight since duct tape aboard Apollo 13! I was literally 10 minutes away from calling and asking for a tracking number.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
now don't stroke it so much that you wear out all of the texture!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
now don't stroke it so much that you wear out all of the texture!
I'll try, kkit, but it looks so pretty and feels so good!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I know!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #23
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
How is everyone liking their Oberon covers, long-term? There haven't been too many threads on them recently.

I'm especially curious if the leather holds up when it is folded back on itself time and time again.

http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/car...duct_list&c=67
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #24
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just watched their video. The leather "hinge" doesn't seem to be an issue. I bought the red dragon one and a card case each for my wife and I.

I'm going to buy this skin too, to make it match and maybe mess with peoples' minds a bit if I ever decide to read it out of the case:
http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/19150

Now for the waiting.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I'm actually the Op for this thread. I own 4 Kindles and 2 Kindle Oberon covers. this is because I gave my second K1 with my first ever cover (the m-edge) to my son as I was moving up. the K2 I gave to my very conservative father in law with a black m-edge. when he passed on I got passed that Kindle on to my son. so I still have my first K1 in an Oberon, the latest generation K2 in an Oberon, the portfolio shown, a journal, and am lobbying for one of the purses.

I still LOVE the Oberon, and short of a hardcore trek that I probably wouldn't take the Kindle on, I trust the Oberon durability. I do admit I read naked. I did with the m-edge also
Old 08-19-2010, 02:57 AM   #26
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
I have the blue Roof of Heaven cover for the Nook

It's really incredibly well made and, tbh, the best thing about the Nook I bought! It's quite heavy though and I'm not really sure if it would protect from a high fall. Folding back the cover is no problem and it softens fairly quickly. Highly recommended - I would have ordered one for the new K3 I have on preorder but I wanted the cover with an embedded light.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
How is everyone liking their Oberon covers, long-term? There haven't been too many threads on them recently.

I'm especially curious if the leather holds up when it is folded back on itself time and time again.
I use Oberon covers for both my Kindle 1 and 2. I don't know about long-term, but over a few years they have held up perfectly. They will easily outlive the useful life of the devices they cover.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
JeremyZ
Addict

That is great news, but you're breaking my heart Bill. I wonder how long my K2 will last? Will I drop it and break it? Will it be stolen? Will Amazon quit supporting it before it wears out? Or will they change format some day and make it obsolete?

I hope you're wrong. But if you're not, I hope I will still have all my book purchases saved on Amazon.com.

By the way, here are a couple pix of the cover that I'm anxiously awaiting. This is one small advantage to being the owner of a mainstream eBook reader; having these made for them.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I use Oberon covers for both my Kindle 1 and 2. I don't know about long-term, but over a few years they have held up perfectly. They will easily outlive the useful life of the devices they cover.
My Kindle's been wearing a blue Roof of Heaven since Dec. 2009, and my Nook has had it's da Vinci since January of this year, and I've had no problems with either. They're still sturdy and beautiful, and a bit more flexible now that they've been broken in. Best covers on Earth, IMO.

I'm thinking of selling my Nook to a co-worker, but I'm waiting until the Graphite K3 arrives to see if the Nook cover can be retrofitted to it. I absolutely love the da Vinci, even more than the Roof of Heaven. I didn't think I would, but that minimalist design really grew on me.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #30
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I bought an Oberon *journal* cover, because the first few Kindle covers didn't happen to include the one that I wanted. I used some velcro and elastic and used it with my Kindle 1 and now my Kindle 2. I like the fact that the journal cover is too big by about 1/2" on three sides (not the spine side, of course). This means that there is extra, strong leather sticking out at the corners. If I drop it, the leather will absorb most of the shock and the Kindle will be well protected. Oberon's are *Gorgeous*!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote