Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #42016
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So now you are only 21 (base 20)!
I wouldn't mind the vitality I had at 21 but I do not want to be 21 again. I worked hard my entire life to get people to treat me as an adult. Now I get to say I'm 41 years old stop treating me like a child.

I've suffered from "baby in the family" syndrome with three much older siblings, which sadly came with me in my marriage. Just the other week my husband told me to stop acting like an adult. He took on a parent role when we married thanks to my mom, and me not knowing any better or being any wiser at 21I let him till about five years ago when coming back home made me realize I would never be taken serious from my family or husband. Now I tell them I'm 40/41 years old, an adult do not try to patronize me or treat me like a child. After the year I've gone through I had to handle many serious issues when no one else in the family would after sis decided to leave us. Do I get credit from my family of husband from that? No. I've earned these gray hairs with honor. Now I need hair dye. lol

I had a good birthday. Hubby was at work but my brother surprised me with having pizza and dessert delivered. I may have been alone at home but the phone and Facebook kept pinging. It seemed everyone wanted to wish me a happy birthday or to talk. It was a very busy and exhausting day. I'm giving myself a gift today of just chilling, eating leftover pizza and reading my book.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #42017
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
I'm glad you had a good day out of it!! And congrats on 41!
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:29 PM   #42018
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's Friday night. I'm doing nothing and I like it. Also, I'm waiting for my teenage daughter to come home with leftover pizza they didn't sell at the place where she works. Free pizza, woohoo!
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:34 AM   #42019
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Bean View Post
It's Friday night. I'm doing nothing and I like it. Also, I'm waiting for my teenage daughter to come home with leftover pizza they didn't sell at the place where she works. Free pizza, woohoo!
Nice! I wish I had some free pizza! I just returned from work and will get some guacamole and black bean tacos to snack on before bed. So I don't feel too deprived
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #42020
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Decompressing after conducting horrible domestic violence trial today. 95% of my work is comprised of DV cases, but some are much worse than others.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #42021
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Listening to Google Translate say "鄭" and trying to copy it - I want to stop butchering a new friend's family name
stuartjmz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #42022
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Decompressing after conducting horrible domestic violence trial today. 95% of my work is comprised of DV cases, but some are much worse than others.
Ughh. I have a friend who is a counselor to troubled families/children (I'm not sure of the exact position). She vents in cloaked language, to a limited set of close friends.

I'm glad there are people like both of you, who help with these issues.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #42023
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Thinking about a wild and crazy idea--that instead of closing my shop for our Winter Break, from midday on the 24th, through the morning of the 3rd January, like we usually do, I'm contemplating on shutting our doors at noon, 12/22 (the Saturday before Xmas, which is on Tuesday this year) through 1/7 (the Monday after New Year's; New Year also falls on a Tuesday, of course); we typically don't come back until the 3rd, which is a Thursday, so...what the hey, by closing an additional 3 working days, I can have TWO SOLID WEEKS OFF.

Which sounds like deliriously-happy making, to me. (sigh).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:12 AM   #42024
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying to disconnect and go to bed!
Old 12-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #42025
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Fluffing branches on a new artificial Christmas tree.

I love the barbaric splendor of a decorated and lighted Christmas Tree. . .
Ralph Sir Edward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:44 AM   #42026
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Contemplating a trip out in what seems like the hundredth day of rain! (Not really that many; just feels like it!)
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #42027
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce

typing in the quick reply box before hitting the 'post quick reply' button.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #42028
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Working from home - updating casefiles, interviewing clients and trying out our new EcoTank printer. Promised me 4000 pages worth of ink in the box, so I am excited to try it out.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:55 PM   #42029
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Looking at various professional grade watercolours. I've got a Winsor & Newton professional set, to which I added a couple of extra colours, but they're just regular watercolours and I want something super vibrant and pigmented. I've found that I enjoy using vibrant colours at the moment, I have several sets of those but they're only student/hobby grade. This means that they're not light fast and they will fade, which I don't want them to do. I want to be able to put up my "art" works and enjoy them instead of keeping them out of the light.

It looks like Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus sets will fit the bill. Those are very pigmented, so I'll also be able to use them for handlettering with a brush and probably with a nib and holder, too. But, gosh, they aren't cheap. They're €76 per set of 12 and there are three sets. I can't get the individual bottles without ordering them abroad and I'm afraid to do that with the glass bottles.

I might treat myself to a set as a Christmas gift. Meanwhile I need to finish the Christmas cards and I can get back into watercolouring and sketching.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #42030
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Working from home - updating casefiles, interviewing clients and trying out our new EcoTank printer. Promised me 4000 pages worth of ink in the box, so I am excited to try it out.
Forgive me for laughing my ass off, but if I hadn't already known your profession, this would have cued and clued me. Only a lawyer can get this excited over pages of ink. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?