Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #46
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Fire HD 8", PaperWhite 2
The above mention of John Wayne reminded me of one of my favorite Wayne movies, Hondo. Evidently it was from an early story by Louis L'Amour. He helped with the screenplay and then went on to write the book, Hondo, which fellows the movie almost exactly and contains all that great Wayne dialogue.

“You baked this morning.” His voice was matter of fact. “I can smell fresh bread on you. Sometime today you cooked salt pork. I can smell that on you. And I can smell soap all over you. You took a bath. On top of that, you smell all over like a woman. A woman’s got a different smell from a man. Not salty and sharp, but kinda soft and rich and warm. I could find you in the dark, Mrs. Lowe, and I’m only part Indian.”
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #47
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
The above mention of John Wayne reminded me of one of my favorite Wayne movies, Hondo. Evidently it was from an early story by Louis L'Amour. He helped with the screenplay and then went on to write the book, Hondo, which fellows the movie almost exactly and contains all that great Wayne dialogue.

“You baked this morning.” His voice was matter of fact. “I can smell fresh bread on you. Sometime today you cooked salt pork. I can smell that on you. And I can smell soap all over you. You took a bath. On top of that, you smell all over like a woman. A woman’s got a different smell from a man. Not salty and sharp, but kinda soft and rich and warm. I could find you in the dark, Mrs. Lowe, and I’m only part Indian.”
There was a poll taken some 20 yrs after John Wayne died to see who the most popular movie star was. Mr. Wayne won hands down.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:43 AM   #48
wildhoney66
wildhoney66 began at the beginning.

Device: amazon Fire Kindle 6
i was thinking of the 2005 version actually. odd Thomas never came out around here so maybe that's why they haven't done a sequel? it only ran in i think select theatere's
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:35 PM   #49
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
i was thinking of the 2005 version actually. odd Thomas never came out around here so maybe that's why they haven't done a sequel? it only ran in i think select theatere's
Well...the actor who played Odd, Anton Yelchin, died, as someone else posted. He was pretty damn perfect, for the movie role, and the studio(s) probably rightly think that it would be difficult to cast a replacement. It's a shame, I really liked that movie (for a change).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote