Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
Solvian
Solvian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
[Kindle PW] Calibre is not adding page numbers

I've had an error with the page adding plugin in Calibre. Everytime I send a book to my Kindle Paperwhite 2, it doesn't show the page numbers at all. I made sure the format I had was correct, and the plugin was activated.

Thanks.
Solvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I would be interested in finding out how to show page numbers on my ebooks, too.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvian View Post
I've had an error with the page adding plugin in Calibre. Everytime I send a book to my Kindle Paperwhite 2, it doesn't show the page numbers at all. I made sure the format I had was correct, and the plugin was activated.

Thanks.
This plugin is not needed because Calibre can generate page numbers for Kindle eBooks. It's possible that this plugin no longer works correctly with the new Calibre 4.x. So for anyone that has this plugin installed, please remove it.

In order to get Calibre to send page numbers for Kindle eBooks, you have to go into the plugins and configure the Kindle 2/3/4/Touch/Paperwhite/Voyage Device Interface. I have t configured to Accurate and I have have it set to use a custom column if I want to set the max number of pages.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote