Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #1
mohamadre3a
mohamadre3a began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox n96ml carta + , kindle paperwhite
boox n96ml carta + device idle battery drain

I have a onyx boox n96ml carta + , it used to work fine and battery was working ok but suddenly I notice that it has battery drain I looked at setting and found out approximately 90% of battery is used by device idle.
I tried to turn the wifi network off when the device is locked
I tried to reset factory and upgrade it to v1.9.1 but none of them worked
any Idea what is the problem and what I should do? I really need this device for my university studies.
mohamadre3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:50 AM   #2
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamadre3a View Post
I have a onyx boox n96ml carta + , it used to work fine and battery was working ok but suddenly I notice that it has battery drain I looked at setting and found out approximately 90% of battery is used by device idle.
I tried to turn the wifi network off when the device is locked
I tried to reset factory and upgrade it to v1.9.1 but none of them worked
any Idea what is the problem and what I should do? I really need this device for my university studies.
Please, can you explain how did you do to upgrade to 1.9.1?, many thanks.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2019, 03:45 AM   #3
mohamadre3a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
Please, can you explain how did you do to upgrade to 1.9.1?, many thanks.
I downloaded update file from onyx-international.com
And upgrade it throw file browser
Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #4
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Hi, I have the same model. It's happening the same thing to me...have older firmware...
There are some background process of the play store (Google location) I blame them... You tried to stop them?
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #5
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
I downloaded update file from onyx-international.com
And upgrade it throw file browser
I did that! but latest firmware shown there is:1.8.2
I used google chrome as browser!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
I did that! but latest firmware shown there is:1.8.2
I used google chrome as browser!
Hi! You need to enter to the chinese version of the site. I used google translator and found the link to the firmware. I dont know if i can paste links...
Then, to download from baidu, I used the tutorial called: "Cara download di pan baidu menggunakan akun baidu | share akun baidu"

I dont speak that language but follow the steps in the video. The user display some accounts there too. I am downloading now.
Good luck!
Old 02-22-2019, 12:32 AM   #7
mohamadre3a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
Hi, I have the same model. It's happening the same thing to me...have older firmware...
There are some background process of the play store (Google location) I blame them... You tried to stop them?
I uninstalled Google play it made battery life better but still it has battery drain issue
Did you solve your problem.?
Do you think it's because of battery and is not a software issue?
Old 02-22-2019, 07:56 PM   #8
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

I just uninstaled the updates of the playstore and stopped the google play services (I almost never use the wifi). Let the device sleep (but not off) with 63%. Tomorrow Ill see how dained it is...
I updated to 1.9.1, very cool side page function with pdf. The device works pretty good, but is showing a little bit of subtle lag...
Old 02-23-2019, 02:18 AM   #9
surax
surax began at the beginning.

Device: pro-903
I have the same problem with the BOOX N96ML CARTA.
I can only use it with an external battery as a charger,
Can the battery be changed? Which is it?
surax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:01 AM   #10
mohamadre3a

I want to change my battery to see if this problem get resolved
I report the result tomorrow
Old 02-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #11
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Using PDF with neo reader drop a lot in little time! Neo reader and the screen seems to be the cause...

Hi! Last night (here) let the device with the screen off but not turning off the device. Today (waking up right now and opening the case) 62% of battery. Just 1% drop since last night. I think that the problem was Google draining services...

Last edited by dkccerbero; 02-23-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: New information
Old 03-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #12
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Quote:
Just 1% drop since last night. I think that the problem was Google draining services...
Edit. Last night charge it to 100%, turned it off. Today : 70% ! The problem apparently isn't solved! 😣 Poor boox!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:08 AM   #13
mohamadre3a

Quote:
Edit. Last night charge it to 100%, turned it off. Today : 70% ! The problem apparently isn't solved! 😣 Poor boox!
Hey

I change its battery and now it works fine
It's a hardware problem not a firmware problem
Old 03-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #14
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hey

I change its battery and now it works fine
It's a hardware problem not a firmware problem
Thanks for the info! Could you post a link with the battery (for purchase) ?
Thanks!
Old 03-17-2019, 03:24 AM   #15
mohamadre3a

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Could you post a link with the battery (for purchase) ?
Thanks!
well, I simply removed back case of my onyx and removed the battery by myself and went to a tablet repairing center and asked for a similar battery

Tags
battery drain, device idle, onyx boox n96ml